DD Needs to Think About the Orioles Organization For Once-My Trade Idea

Rene88

I am surprised Mr. Rizzo didn't get Sale, but respect the discipline, he makes good deals so I trust him.

Sale going to the Sox will kill us, assuming he stays healthy. 

DD needs to actually manage the organization. The Nats need to make a big splash. They offered up Giolito among other key players.

Now is the time DD needs to pull the trigger and trade Britton to the Nats for a HUGE haul. Gioloto could start for us now with the current group of stooges we have. 

DD: learn something from Cashman and think beyond 30 minutes. Pretend like you aren't going to another organization when your contract is up (he definitely is leaving).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Britton for Rendon, Turner, Giolito, and Roble, am I right?  Come on DD,  Stop being so lazy.

Seriously though, if they ask for Giolito and the Nats counter with Lopez, Stephenson, and Voth, should he do it?

Turner isn't getting traded. We don't need him. Giolito would be traded and more pieces as well, we should be all over that. 

11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Turner isn't getting traded. We don't need him. Giolito would be traded and more pieces as well, we should be all over that. 

We couldn't use Trae Turner?  Wow.  I was obviously joking with that first proposal.  I thought it was obvious.

Why didn't you answer my hypothetical Nats counter?  Rizzo says no to Giolito for Britton, do you move on or do you try to make something work?

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Could someone tell me why people are high on Giolito? Looking at the numbers, he didn't look all that impressive this year. Gio Gonzalez doesn't really make sense either, as he stinks against the AL. 

He's a physical specimen (6'6" 255) with filthy stuff who struck out more than a batter an inning in AAA as a 21 year old.

3 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Could someone tell me why people are high on Giolito? Looking at the numbers, he didn't look all that impressive this year. Gio Gonzalez doesn't really make sense either, as he stinks against the AL. 

"Giolito has the highest ceiling among Minor League pitchers, boasting an elite fastball that sits mid-to-upper-90s and a 12-to-6 curveball that he throws with power and hard, downer action. His changeup has steadily improved in the past two seasons and his confidence along with it, giving him a legitimate weapon against left-handed hitters.

The sky is the limit for Giolito, who has the stuff, physicality and command to develop into an ace. That being said, his first several starts in the big league have highlighted the gains Giolito still needs to make in regards to his fastball command, the consistency of his secondary pitches and pitching with runners on base. With a few small improvements, it won't be long until Giolito truly flashes his potential at the highest level."

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=was

9 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

We couldn't use Trae Turner?  Wow.  I was obviously joking with that first proposal.  I thought it was obvious.

Why didn't you answer my hypothetical Nats counter?  Rizzo says no to Giolito for Britton, do you move on or do you try to make something work?

Every team in baseball could use Turner. He looks like a Manny level talent. 

Archived