International Signing Pool Info

Roll Tide

The Orioles are in the top tier and have 5.75 million to spend on international talent.

The Royals, Cards, Padres, Reds, Athletics, Braves, Cubs, Astros, Giants, Dodgers are all unable to spend on international talent due to going over their assigned threshold.

I'm wondering if the Os will spend any?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/2017-18-international-bonus-pools/#B8M4VUm2Is5cKGSV.97

Teams that exceeded their bonus pools to incur a penalty will still be unable to sign any player for more than $300,000 during the 2017-18 signing period. The Cubs, Dodgers, Giants and Royals will be in their second year of the penalty, while the A’s, Astros, Braves, Cardinals, Nationals, Padres and Reds will be in their first penalty year. 

6 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I think it's safe to say that the Orioles have never spent 5.75M in any one year this way.  Signings like Kim and the Cubans were exempt from this pool.  Can you still trade your slots?  That has been Dan's m.o.

They sign a bunch of guys for 50K and less and MAYBE one or two for 350K.

I would assume that with some real talent now available for less than 6 million for a 6 year old, the Orioles may well begin to use the agreed upon process to bring valuable assets into the organization. There will now be value signings. Because no one can game the system or overpay and then trade. 

Archived