Baltimore again passed over for All Star Game

weams

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It would have been surprising if we were hosting the all star game one year after the Nationals did so.  

I guess. Why would it really matter? At the end of the day, we haven't had the All-Star game since 1993. Yes, other teams have longer droughts, but we get voted best fan experience quite often and it's starting to look petty that MLB won't grant us the game. I know the Dodgers haven't hosted the game since 1980, but they also haven't built a new stadium either. Just seems like more pettiness by MLB against Angelos due to the MASN thing with the Nats.

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I guess. Why would it really matter? At the end of the day, we haven't had the All-Star game since 1993. Yes, other teams have longer droughts, but we get voted best fan experience quite often and it's starting to look petty that MLB won't grant us the game. I know the Dodgers haven't hosted the game since 1980, but they also haven't built a new stadium either. Just seems like more pettiness by MLB against Angelos due to the MASN thing with the Nats.

Agreed, stupid pettiness.

Best Stadium in Baseball, and to keep being passed over makes no sense.

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It matters because they like to spread the game around geographically.   There are a lot of fans who could attend an ASG either in DC or Baltimore.    So I think Baltimore will be waiting for another couple of years.    And sure, the MASN mess doesn't help.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It matters because they like to spread the game around geographically.   There are a lot of fans who could attend an ASG either in DC or Baltimore.    So I think Baltimore will be waiting for another couple of years.    And sure, the MASN mess doesn't help.    

If Baltimore gets a ASG in the next 10 years, I will buy you a Beer.

It just isn't going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can buy the geography thing, but look at this. Baltimore has the least amount of All-star games in cities that have had teams since 1954. We only have two in 62 years of existence! 

If MLB wants to punish the Orioles for the MASN dispute they should find another way. Having an All Star Game in the city would be incredible for the city and people in town, especially after what happened in the streets in 2015. Get the city excited and working together. "Petty" is, in my eyes, a nice way of putting it.

Archived