Mark Reynolds Accepts Minor League Deal?

Rene88

Reynolds was not the best teammate, we know from his time here.

Alvarez has reported maturity issues.

Carter produces but still gets booted.

Every interview with another Orioles player last year about Trumbo raved about how he makes them better hitters, makes them think about the game.  I am not saying you over pay for chemistry, you pay for production, but sometimes it's about getting the right player - not the right price.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Reynolds was not the best teammate, we know from his time here.

Alvarez has reported maturity issues.

Carter produces but still gets booted.

Every interview with another Orioles player last year about Trumbo raved about how he makes them better hitters, makes them think about the game.  I am not saying you over pay for chemistry, you pay for production, but sometimes it's about getting the right player - not the right price.

Remind me.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Maybe not that surprising.  There are only so many DH spots in baseball.   Neither player is considered very good defensively.  However, Trumbo led he league in homers in his first year with O's  which made him more desirable to them.  Meanwhile Carter led the league in strikeouts of the budget oriented Brewers and they decide to go cheaper.  That is not a huge surprise.

Holy selective stats, Batman.

You mentioned that Trumbo led the league in HRs, which makes him valuable. You conveniently left out that Carter also led his league in home runs (tied with Arenado for the NL lead). You're focusing only on Carter's strikeouts, which don't matter very much, and ignoring the fact that his offensive production was very similar overall to Trumbo's.

I'm glad we've reached the point where we are discussing paying FA's fair market value or even playing hardball with them.  We've come a long way.  It used to be commonly accepted that we had be willing to overpay just to get a FA to talk to us.  

Completely new thought, do people even watch the games?  Or just play stratomagic or whatever it is?  Because I saw only one MLB hitter having MLB swings, not even AB's, just swings, in the WC game.  That was Mark Trumbo.  Hit a dinger.  Went to opposite/middle of the field.  All this while the rest of the team looked like they were 11 and 15 year old Danny Almonte was on the mound.  They weren't even having good swings, let alone AB's.  

o

Speaking of Chis Carter, his career stolen base percentage success rate reminds me of that of Matt Wieters' for that category:

CHRIS CARTER: llll 12-for-17 ) (.706)

MATT WIETERS: lll)) 7-for-9 lll.l (.777)

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Well, I am speaking mostly to his supposed indifference.  Maybe the most epic thread I have ever seen on this site.

While that was a most epic thread I don't think it proves much of anything.

Now if you had mentioned when Mark left Buck hanging that one time...

Archived