They All Break

weams

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys missed the Carlos Martinez news...

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez has been shut down for two weeks to build up shoulder strength after an injury-plagued season. Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said Tuesday that Martinez won't throw before being reevaluated on March 5

57 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys missed the Carlos Martinez news...

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez has been shut down for two weeks to build up shoulder strength after an injury-plagued season. Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said Tuesday that Martinez won't throw before being reevaluated on March 5

Martinez moved to the pen last year and speculation was that he might begin this year in the bullpen as well.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/19812/kevin-gausman

Kevin Gausman is dealing with some shoulder discomfort in Braves camp.

There is no set date for his first appearance in a Grapefruit League game. The issue is being downplayed for now, but obviously the clock is ticking with exactly four weeks to go until Opening Day. Gausman posted a strong 2.87 ERA over 10 starts for the Braves last season following a July 31 trade from the Orioles.

Luis Severino was scratched from his scheduled Grapefruit League start Tuesday due to right shoulder discomfort.

Per the Yankees' official Twitter account, Severino "will undergo further evaluation and examination" on Tuesday afternoon. This is obviously rather ominous news, but it's not worth speculating about the severity or a recovery timetable until more information is available. Severino had some issues with his shoulder in 2017, though that proved to be a big breakout year for the Yankees' young ace.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/20356/luis-severino

2 hours ago, murph said:

Luis Severino was scratched from his scheduled Grapefruit League start Tuesday due to right shoulder discomfort.

Per the Yankees' official Twitter account, Severino "will undergo further evaluation and examination" on Tuesday afternoon. This is obviously rather ominous news, but it's not worth speculating about the severity or a recovery timetable until more information is available. Severino had some issues with his shoulder in 2017, though that proved to be a big breakout year for the Yankees' young ace.

Possible backup plan for Severino or additional rotation depth.

3 hours ago, murph said:

It's not worth speculating about?  Really?  Hmmm...  I'm pretty sure there about 8 million people in New York who are, at this very moment,  doing nothing BUT speculating about it!  Sheesh, speculation is what spring training is all about...

Archived