Adam "Real American Hero" Jones

ChuckS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you were going to go with that tagline you should have called him GI Jones.

Even better!

I'm ready to see these guys win this thing or at least make it to the final.  I'm rooting for the Netherlands as well.  Gotta have the underdog in there. 

Another home run for Adam tonight.  He's feeling it.  They are calling him "Captain America" in the clubhouse, reportedly.  

I'm hoping Adam plays a couple steps back this season and exercises just a tad bit more discipline at the plate.  No reason he can't revert back to 2015 form and be a very valuable player for us.  

I'll remember that moment at approximately 1:00 PM EST for the rest of my life.  

Chills down the spine.  

Anyone who doesn't like the WBC.....doesn't like baseball.  Passion, energy, pride.  How can you not love it?

5 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Chills down the spine.  

Anyone who doesn't like the WBC.....doesn't like baseball.  Passion, energy, pride.  How can you not love it?

I agree with you. This is the first time I've watched large portions of the WBC and I've been impressed by the intensity shown by all teams. It's great baseball entertainment. Playoff energy by the players, and the short nature of the tournament makes everything matter. 

And that has to be one of the best catches Jones has made in his career, especially taking into account the stakes. Against Manny no less. As Smoltz said, how many times will that be brought up in the clubhouse this year?

I do think you mean 1:00 AM though. ;)

16 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I agree with you. This is the first time I've watched large portions of the WBC and I've been impressed by the intensity shown by all teams. It's great baseball entertainment. Playoff energy by the players, and the short nature of the tournament makes everything matter. 

And that has to be one of the best catches Jones has made in his career, especially taking into account the stakes. Against Manny no less. As Smoltz said, how many times will that be brought up in the clubhouse this year?

I do think you mean 1:00 AM though. ;)

I do mean AM.  It's St. Patty's day weekend.  I'm 12.5 percent Irish.....so of course i'm claiming the country and have been drinking continuously for the past 12 hours.  Allow me the minor slip. 

46 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Chills down the spine.  

I like it, but love is a little much. It's a bit hollow to me when most of the world's best pitchers aren't involved. 

Archived