ESPN Power Rankings, 2017

OFFNY

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve expressed many times my disdain for power rankings, but the one time they are sort of interesting is pre-season.   Far be it from me to start a new thread on this, but ESPN has opened us at 20, and to me their take is way too negative.  Basically they say that if every single thing goes right for us, just maybe we can be a wild card contender.    If half the things they list go right, we’ll definitely be a contender IMO.    But most of the listed things are quite iffy.   http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page/powerrankings_2018preseason/ranking-mlb-teams-ahead-2018-season

mlb. com has us somewhere in the tier below 20...they only listed their top 20 and had the Blue Jays 9th and Phillies and Athletics at 19 and 20....way too pessimistic. 

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Unless the Orioles find themselves at or near the top of the division in late July, they simply can't afford to let Machado walk away without getting prospects in return.

Man, I just don’t see this happening.

Honestly, I think the chance of getting a franchise-boosting haul for Machado already passed us by.   We might get something more valuable than a 1s pick, but probably not a lot more.    

Archived