Manny furious after the game

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Ugh him and the quote about taking the bat to the mound is going to cost him if it ends up happening, as they can easily point to it being premeditated. .

I was thinking the same thing.. really hope he doesn't do that, I don't think he would.

1 minute ago, cheecks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Manny gets thrown at again tomorrow after this rant.

What? And that Manny's damn fault???? If THEY continue this crap?

Like was said, after 11 days and 5 attempts?

1 minute ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Well at least we know tomorrow's broadcast is going to set an Orioles tv Wednesday night record. Seems it will all hit the fan tomorrow.

I don't think O's pitchers will be hitting anyone. If this is going to continue, it will be coming from the Sox pitchers again.

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

I don't think O's pitchers will be hitting anyone. If this is going to continue, it will be coming from the Sox pitchers again.

That's the worst part! It's Ubaldo tomorrow. :P Who knows where his pitches are going? Certainly not him.

4 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

Ugh him and the quote about taking the bat to the mound is going to cost him if it ends up happening, as they can easily point to it being premeditated. .

Good for Manny.

What the Red Sox are doing is chickensh1t.

You get one maybe two chances to drill a guy for a perceived dirty play (it's already been discussed that it wasn't even dirty and Pedroia said as much).

They've now thrown at him directly 5 times including one at his knees and one at his head.

It is totally inexcusable and the league needs to put an end to this crap by suspending players and Ferrell or we need to start drilling guys in the skull too.

Enough is enough.

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

I don't think they will, at least intentionally. But this seems to have gotten to a point where any accident could be taken with malice and all bets are off.

Plus the Red Sox are calling up Kyle Kendrick to replace Wright (for one of the games). Definitely not an integral piece that will be missed if he gets suspended. 

Just now, scOtt said:

That's the worst part! It's Ubaldo tomorrow. :P Who knows where his pitches are going? Certainly not him.

Oh man.. I forgot he's starting. Well, it'll be interesting then.

I was raised to act with class and turn the other cheek. I have coached for 15 years and that's what I tell my teams. But, when you run out of cheeks and are still getting attacked for no reason whatsoever, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. When they are throwing at your head time after time, that is life threatening.  The O's are being backed into a corner. Personally, if I was Buck.  I'd tell Manny, next time it happens, stay at home plate because the entire dugout is charging the mound...

1 minute ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Good for Manny.

You get one maybe two chances to drill a guy for a perceived dirty play (it's already been discussed that it wasn't even dirty and Pedroia said as much).

They've now thrown at him directly 5 times including one at his knees and one at his head.

It is totally inexcusable and the league needs to put an end to this crap by suspending players and Ferrell or we need to start drilling guys in the skull too.

Enough is enough.

That's kinda what Manny was ranting about. "If you're going to hit me JUST FREAKIN' HIT ME!" Then it would be over.

2 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

Good for Manny.

Enough is enough.

While I agree with the sentiment, saying what Manny said is only going to hurt him. I just hope first people out are protecting Manny from doing something really stupid. 

10 minutes ago, Crazysilver03 said:

What you say is true, yet it completely misses the point Manny was making.

Respect to Manny for keeping his cool between the lines.

Total bush league by Sale and Farrell. If anybody believed Farrell didn't order ERod and Barnes to throw at Manny, this is all you need to know at this point.

Joe Torre is a joke. And MLB is a joke for not handling this better. Barnes should have been suspended a month. Sale should have been ejected immediately. How they're going to claim to take these situations seriously and then lose a reliever for a few games is beyond me. In the end, Sale got away with one and Asher and the O's have to pay. Just asinine.

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

What? And that Manny's damn fault???? If THEY continue this crap?

Like was said, after 11 days and 5 attempts?

Who said it was Manny's fault? What is wrong with your reading comprehension.

Archived