Possible Moves Upcoming

sportsfan8703

We claimed Sardinas(no options) off waivers so a 25 man roster move has to be made.  Verret is back from paternity leave and pitched today in AAA, he should be ready for a BP spot.  Ubaldo is still on the team.  Wilson is still on the team.  Janish is still on the team.  We have a 2nd rd. comp pick to trade before the draft on June 12.  DD has used this the past three seasons to get rid of R.Webb, Norris and Matusz.  Maybe he uses to get rid of Ubaldo. Moves that could happen;

• Janish DFA'd
  • Wilson optioned to AAA
  • Verret called up
  • Ubaldo DFA'd
  • Ubaldo traded

On 105.7, Vinnie and Bob said that DD had the green light last year to eat Ubaldo's contract and just release him.  I could see them doing that on the off day and putting Asher in the rotation.  Even though I like Asher in the pen.  

I could see DD trading Ubaldo to a team like San Diego.  It won't be pretty but DD has shown an unwillingness to just eat money and move on.  I could see us trading Ubaldo, the comp pick, int'l draft slots, Jhon Pellufo to SD for a PTBNL.  Ubaldo is still owed like 8 million in cash so we might even have to kick in a few million.  SD asked for Pellufo last year when we were going to do the Ubaldo for Upton swap.  

13 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We claimed Sardinas(no options) off waivers so a 25 man roster move has to be made.  Verret is back from paternity leave and pitched today in AAA, he should be ready for a BP spot.  Ubaldo is still on the team.  Wilson is still on the team.  Janish is still on the team.  We have a 2nd rd. comp pick to trade before the draft on June 12.  DD has used this the past three seasons to get rid of R.Webb, Norris and Matusz.  Maybe he uses to get rid of Ubaldo. Moves that could happen;

• Janish DFA'd
  • Wilson optioned to AAA
  • Verret called up
  • Ubaldo DFA'd
  • Ubaldo traded

On 105.7, Vinnie and Bob said that DD had the green light last year to eat Ubaldo's contract and just release him.  I could see them doing that on the off day and putting Asher in the rotation.  Even though I like Asher in the pen.  

I could see DD trading Ubaldo to a team like San Diego.  It won't be pretty but DD has shown an unwillingness to just eat money and move on.  I could see us trading Ubaldo, the comp pick, int'l draft slots, Jhon Pellufo to SD for a PTBNL.  Ubaldo is still owed like 8 million in cash so we might even have to kick in a few million.  SD asked for Pellufo last year when we were going to do the Ubaldo for Upton swap.  

That's a lot to just dump Ulbaldo imo. For a team that covets the international slots it's pretty valuable. A 2nd round comp pick is also a pretty good pick. If you are trading everything you suggest I would want a decent player in return. 

On 5/24/2017 at 6:35 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

• Janish DFA'd
  • Wilson optioned to AAA
  • Verret called up
  • Ubaldo DFA'd
  • Ubaldo traded

What valuable international draft slots do the Orioles have to sell?

Archived