I Have A Take On Manny's "Hotdogging It".

ORIOLE33

15 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Manny has that classic "I'm a $400 million dollar man bro, what you gonna do about it?" attitude to his game. I can understand why fans of other teams hate him as much as we hate Joey Bats. Adam got a pretty lucrative contract (though not record-breaking levels) and he definitely didn't start acting like baseball Royalty. I'm not okay with Manny acting like he's Big Papi or Barry Bonds. 

On the bright side, if he continues to be bad, we might be able to afford him after all.

It's post like this one that makes me hate other Oriole fans.  I'm so glad I'm not a ravens fan and I don't have to hear all the fans "takes" on my football team.  

I love how people knock Manny, isn't Adam also slumping?  Isn't Adam the guy that's been sporting that super shiny necklace recently.  Oh if Manny did that.  

Manny is slumping, he's playing terrible and it's costing us games.  I'll be the first to admit that.  Manny's attitude is people reading too much into him.  The guy is only like 24.  He's four months younger than Trey Mancini.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Manny's attitude is people reading too much into him.  

I agree.    I wonder how his critics would fare if thousands of people watched them do their jobs every day and replayed it in super slo-mo every time they coasted on the job or made a mistake.    

But it comes with the territory.   I've heard this stuff about Tejada, about Roberts, about Mora, about Jones, and many other good, hard working players who became some people's public whipping boys for whatever reason.    

3 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I'm disappointed in Manny's approach at the plate so far. I'm not disappointed in Manny.

This.  Why does he think that he has to pull pitches in every at bat??  He plays into the oppositions hands with that approach.  Last night he got back to going with the pitches that the opposition served up and had some success.  Learn and move on. 

44 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

The large majority of defensive metrics have him listed as a below average defensive player, at any age, at any position he's played.

Then he is not a good comp. Most of the huge accolades that Manny has earned have been because of the mysteries of defensive metrics. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

Then he is not a good comp. Most of the huge accolades that Manny has earned have been because of the mysteries of defensive metrics. 

Well that was Frobby's point, much earlier in this thread. He was noting to some other posters that Hanley was NOT a very good comp. I was supporting that.

2 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Manny has that classic "I'm a $400 million dollar man bro, what you gonna do about it?" attitude to his game. I can understand why fans of other teams hate him as much as we hate Joey Bats. Adam got a pretty lucrative contract (though not record-breaking levels) and he definitely didn't start acting like baseball Royalty. I'm not okay with Manny acting like he's Big Papi or Barry Bonds. 

On the bright side, if he continues to be bad, we might be able to afford him after all.

Well, that's interesting, given that there's never been a $400-Million-Dollar-Man.

46 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Well that was Frobby's point, much earlier in this thread. He was noting to some other posters that Hanley was NOT a very good comp. I was supporting that.

Oh absolutely. I knew that was your position. I just did not know how bad Hanley was when he was an MVP player for the Marlins. 

3 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Or Nelson Cruz? I think he looks up to Nelly. 

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Manny is his own man.  A trendsetter if you will.

Manny is like Bo Jackson, He does what He wants to do. Whether it's playing a routine grounder in an indifferent      manner, challenging umpires to call him out swinging on strike three to end a game, not running out a called third strike in the ninth inning of a close game, or generally cadillacing it on the base paths. He certainly is a trendsetter, I think He should make a commercial.

Just now, Superbee83 said:

Manny is like Bo Jackson, He does what He wants to do. Whether it's playing a routine grounder in an indifferent      manner, challenging umpires to call him out swinging on strike three to end a game, not running out a called third strike in the ninth inning of a close game, or generally cadillacing it on the base paths. He certainly is a trendsetter.

That's how folks thought of Eddie Murray at the end too. 

Archived