Tough Schedule

Uli2001

The Orioles have had the toughest schedule in the division so far. They have played the AL East 32 times, while the number for the other teams are NYY (25), Sox (23), TB (29), Tor (27).

Meanwhile, the O's have played only 3 games against the weak AL West, all against the only good team in that division. The others: NYY (7), Sox (10), TB (10), Tor (10).

The O's also played only 6 inter-league games against a weak NL this year. The others: NYY (11), Sox (11), TB (4), Tor (14!).

After this series the Orioles will be off the AL East for a while and I think this could be a time where they can put together a win streak or two before the AS break. 

6 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

...yeah but they seem to play better vs the AL East so, not a big deal to me.

Oddly enough we match up better with them.  Most are slow, plodding, HR driven offenses like ours.  Other than Sale and A. Sanchez I think the SP is overrated.  Smaller ball parks.  Familiarity.  Extra intensity.  

So far it's been a different style of play when we step outside the division and we look uncomfortable.  More speed.  Bigger ballparks.  Different pitchers.  Lots of road games.  Our focus seems to be down a bit.  

13 hours ago, SteveA said:

Between July 24 and September 3 we play 36 out of 39 games against teams that currently have losing records.

If Britton is back by then, we could really make a move in that time period.

23 hours ago, O's84 said:

Not counting tonight's games the O's Strength of Schedule is .539, strongest in MLB by a lot.  2nd SOS is Tampa Bay at .518.

Thanks, didn't know that. I had a feeling that the Orioles had to be able to hang around over .500 through this part of the season and make a move in the second half. I now can see that this is indeed the case.

Archived