Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

I heard that this morning as well, I believe it was on XM radio on MLB Home Plate.

I would love that if it is true. I hate Youkilis. I actually like Manny as a player. I am pretty sure Boston's fans would side with Manny, but then again they are boston fans. BTW I hate the Redsox more than I hate the Yankees now.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That last thing I want to do is give more responsiblity to the umps. All MLB has to do is give a serve suspension to Crisp. Fine the team, manager, and Coco. Give both the manager and player a 1 long suspension as well.

They already make the decision as to whether or not they believe a pitcher is intentionally throwing at someone.

They already make the decision as to whether or not they believe a pitcher is intentionally throwing at someone.

Yea your right.....

How much more awesome would this have been had Elijah Dukes and Delmon Young still been on the Rays?

It could have been even more ugly.

If someone charges the mound, IMO it oughta be an automatic week's suspension right there. That would be a stop to most of this fake-brawling crap.

Good call, I'm tired of seeing these players charge the mound and do nothing, it's waste of everyones time. The Red Sox-Rays brawl was a real brawl. Most of the others are, 'let me run slow enough so that my teammates will hold me back and I won't have to actually get into a fight, just look like I would.' This would at least keep brawls honest and rare.

PS - too bad Shields didn't land that hook

I heard one of the Boston writers on XM say that Coco used to be an amateur boxer, hence the duck of Shields' punch...

Yeah, I don't like Coco for the sequence of actions in that series but he made Shields look foolish.

In an interview, Crisp said he knew he was going to get hit and thanked Shields for hitting him in the leg and not the head. Yet he still charged the mound. Of course then he was like, "well he avoided my head with the ball but he went right after it with a punch."

The things he said during the game will probably let him see a pitch between the eyes at some point this season.

This is what I think is ridiculous. If you know Shields was taking it easy on you, why do you charge the mound? It doesn't make any sense. Shields was just going through the motions, sticking up for his guys but also not trying to hurt anybody, which I think is a relatively mature way to handle it, and Crisp charges the mound? So ridiculous. What a scumbag.

From ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3429782

Crisp: 7 games

Shields: 6 games

Gomes: 5 games

Jackson: 5 games

Lester: 5 games

Crawford: 4 games

Casey: 3 games

Iwamura: 3 games.

All were fined.

Crisp should have got more, but the rest seem reasonable. Surprised Navarro didn't get anything, though.

How did Shields get so much? I would think that he was just defending himself after crisp went after him.

Archived