Coco Crisp is a piece of --

ChaosLex

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did Shields get so much? I would think that he was just defending himself after crisp went after him.

Well to be fair it's only one start for him, whereas the position players are actually available every game that they are suspended for. If MLB had only given him 3 or 4 games he would have appealed, made his next start and then dropped his appeal the next day and served his suspension without actually missing a start.

Well to be fair it's only one start for him, whereas the position players are actually available every game that they are suspended for. If MLB had only given him 3 or 4 games he would have appealed, made his next start and then dropped his appeal the next day and served his suspension without actually missing a start.

Stupid me! Thanks for clearing that up.

Well Lester started serving his immediately today and because of an off day is still on turn to make his next scheduled start.

It really sucks for the Rays because they are going to be using a 22 man roster for a few days. Someone better drop their appeal and take their suspension now before they are all out at the same time.

From ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3429782

Crisp: 7 games

Shields: 6 games

Gomes: 5 games

Jackson: 5 games

Lester: 5 games

Crawford: 4 games

Casey: 3 games

Iwamura: 3 games.

All were fined.

Crisp should have got more, but the rest seem reasonable. Surprised Navarro didn't get anything, though.

Catchers are inevitably cast as peacemakers in these things, I guess because they are closest to the aggressor.

Well Lester started serving his immediately today and because of an off day is still on turn to make his next scheduled start.

It really sucks for the Rays because they are going to be using a 22 man roster for a few days. Someone better drop their appeal and take their suspension now before they are all out at the same time.

IIRC, the suspensions for both teams will be staggered, so nobody's going to have a 22-man roster for much, if any, time.

Catchers are inevitably cast as peacemakers in these things, I guess because they are closest to the aggressor.

They often try to get in the way, to protect their P.

Plus, the ump is there to hear the C say non-fighting things to the hitter. "Hey, come on, man, that one just got away" or whatever.

Plus, I think it's quietly accepted that it's part of a C's job to protect his P. It's not exactly the same as how O-lineman are supposed to protect the QB, but it's not 100% different either. It's a subtle part of the unwritten-rules stuff...

They often try to get in the way, to protect their P.

Plus, the ump is there to hear the C say non-fighting things to the hitter. "Hey, come on, man, that one just got away" or whatever.

Plus, I think it's quietly accepted that it's part of a C's job to protect his P. It's not exactly the same as how O-lineman are supposed to protect the QB, but it's not 100% different either. It's a subtle part of the unwritten-rules stuff...

Good point. The MLB FO probably had a conference call with the umpiring crew to get a game report. Probably went something like, "Coco was being a dips**t, Navarro was just shutting him up."

Papelbon says it ain't over yet.

"All I got to say is what comes around goes around. Payback is a *****. In my opinion, and the way I feel right now, this thing isn’t all settled and done. We still got to play them a few more times and I know when we go into Tropicana things will be a little different than when went in there last time."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/06/pap_to_rays_pay.html

Class.

I think the Red Sox should let this drop, but I can see how they could feel that its their turn to get back at TB. All depends on how you feel about the "first shot" of Jason Bartlett covering the bag with his knee.

If you think thats an opening volley of "getting somebody", then Crisp going in spikes high was the retaliation, and should've "evened" things out. Then hitting Crisp starts a new round, and Boston now gets to get even again.

I think a clean but hard slide by Crisp should've evened things up, but him going in spikes high is more of an escalation than getting even, neccesitating the HBP, which evened things up. Crisp escalated again by charging the mound.

If I'm keeping score, I think TB owes Crisp another one, not the other way around. But I fully expect either Gomes or Navarro to take one in the hip the next time they play.

I think the Red Sox should let this drop, but I can see how they could feel that its their turn to get back at TB. All depends on how you feel about the "first shot" of Jason Bartlett covering the bag with his knee.

If you think thats an opening volley of "getting somebody", then Crisp going in spikes high was the retaliation, and should've "evened" things out. Then hitting Crisp starts a new round, and Boston now gets to get even again.

I think a clean but hard slide by Crisp should've evened things up, but him going in spikes high is more of an escalation than getting even, neccesitating the HBP, which evened things up. Crisp escalated again by charging the mound.

If I'm keeping score, I think TB owes Crisp another one, not the other way around. But I fully expect either Gomes or Navarro to take one in the hip the next time they play.

And if thats the case, I can only hope it's Papelbon that does it. I'd love to see the Rays beat the snot out of him...

And if thats the case, I can only hope it's Papelbon that does it. I'd love to see the Rays beat the snot out of him...

I hope he's dumb enough to do it in a save situation and the guy he puts on scores the tying run, with the Rays later winning.

Archived