Building the 2018 team

eddie83

1 minute ago, weams said:

As I have said, if they are seven below at the break I think everyone, including Manny, should be traded with no regard to building a major league team for 2018.

But is that what you think will happen if they are -7 at the ASB?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, weams said:

As I have said, if they are seven below at the break I think everyone, including Manny, should be traded with no regard to building a major league team for 2018.

I want Manny to stay long term but if they aren't going to keep him they should deal him. I don't see him traded no matter else happens at the deadline. 

13 minutes ago, weams said:

I agree and the focus should be on the best prospects available, not for replacement players for 2018.   Manny alone should return the top 3 minor league prospects at least from any team's system, but I would do the same with Britton, Brach, or anybody else we are trading.  Prospects only.   

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

I agree and the focus should be on the best prospects available, not for replacement players for 2018.   Manny alone should return the top 3 minor league prospects at least from any team's system, but I would do the same with Britton, Brach, or anybody else we are trading.  Prospects only.   

I would agree if it was any other team but the Orioles. With the way the team seems to fail to develop starting pitching prospects I would look for pitchers closer to the major leagues.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I would agree if it was any other team but the Orioles. With the way the team seems to fail to develop starting pitching prospects I would look for pitchers closer to the major leagues.

From the Dodgers, for example, I would take Triple AAA pitcher Walker Buehler, pitcher Yadier Alvarez and outfielder Alex Verdugo. 

4 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Would be good to do that. When did the O's start failing to develope pitchers? It didn't start with DD. I am just wondering when this all started? 

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Would be good to do that. When did the O's start failing to develope pitchers? It didn't start with DD. I am just wondering when this all started? 

I'd say the early 90's.    We produced McDonald and Mussina and then the well dried up.     

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hard to see how it isn't.   Of course it hasn't exactly been a factory line of position players reaching stardom either.

I'd say it's more than a coincidence. With PA came micro managing and cronyism that eroded the system.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Keep in mind that Chance Sisco is now ranked as the 29th best prospect in MILB. Would you trade Machado or Britton on a deal that centered around Chance Sisco?  

If he were a prospect in a different organization folks would think he could stick at Catcher.

Archived