Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

9 hours ago, ISU94 said:

I really like De Leon but his injury past (plus he's hurt right now) make me iffy on him. Bauers is solid but I've heard him mostly talked about at 1B which we are likely pretty set at for a bit. Adames is interesting as we need a SS and Honeywell is awesome (but may also be difficult to get). Hu and Faria are both intriguing arms as well (Hu more of a #4 type though imo).

Honeywell is untouchable I'd imagine. Hard to believe what TB got for Forsythe.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ISU94 said:

I mean, an expiring Aroldis Chapman got Gleyber Torres who was a top 15-20 prospect last year. Billy McKinney was still seen pretty well too. Britton has a year of control on Aroldis and although Britton had some health issues I don't think that is going to make a contender desperate for relievers turn down making a big move for an elite RP.

Britton can throw 2 innings, after seeing how Miller & Chapman were used last year, I think Britton brings back a lot. Britton is capable of having the shortest innings and the hardest pitcher in baseball to get an extra base hit against 

42 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

Dodgers, Washington and Houston can bid for him. Someone will step up if Britton is himself out of the break. How the BPen performs from the AS break to the trade deadline is the most important part of the 2017 season. Brach & Britton need to dominate and we will get what we want. 

If the bullpen performs too well, then DD won't sell.  If the O's are losing games by 5+ runs, Brach and Britton won't get in the game.  It's a very fine line. 

25 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the bullpen performs too well, then DD won't sell.  If the O's are losing games by 5+ runs, Brach and Britton won't get in the game.  It's a very fine line. 

How many more appearances does Britton need to show he's healthy? I'd say not many. Buck will get him some work even if we're down, IMO.

1 hour ago, hoosiers said:

We'll see what Britton's market is.  Just because Chapman was dealt for great prospects last year doesn't mean that will be Britton's market value this year.  I do find it difficult to believe Britton will bring back a top 10 prospect like Robles, and some lists have Soto pretty darn high as well.  One really can't pass up a Fedde/Soto offer for Britton (or a Verdugo/Walker).  The Nats should be willing to give up more because they need a closer whereas the Dodgers are looking for a bullpen lefty and a back-up to the closer.  Maybe even the Nats throw back one of their failed/injured relievers in the package - like a Glover who might be a gem.

Verdugo has tremendous appeal especially since he is MLB ready and might be a 2-3 war contributor next year - which might increase the appeal for a FO that might think that adding a couple 2 WAR position players might allow us to compete next year.  The Dodgers are absolutely loaded with prospects including Cuban $15M international bonus guy Yusniel Diaz who is holding his own in High A at 20.

What would a rebuilding Andy MacPhail do?  He would probably look for a package that includes either one crazy excellent prospect (like a Robles) or would look for a strong prospect, plus a young major league ready reliever and then a very good prospect in the lower minors.

I would expect Chapman return plus....Zach has been as dominant as any and the team gets another year compared to the few months nths of Chapman.

if it's the Nationals they are loaded and looking to win it all. Perfect time for them to give up the ranch for the World Series.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I would expect Chapman return plus....Zach has been as dominant as any and the team gets another year compared to the few months nths of Chapman.

if it's the Nationals they are loaded and looking to win it all. Perfect time for them to give up the ranch for the World Series.

You're expecting a return comparable to what the Cubs paid for a top 25 pitcher in the game with 3.5 years of control at less than 10M a year?

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A blown save hurts the now & the future. ?

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It's not DD I am too worried about. It's Angelos. He is the boss and pulls the strings.

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

B-b-but, his value is going down by the nanosecond, haven't you heard?

If he's healthy now he's more valuable that Chapman period. He has one more year of control and that's easily worth a couple more than Chapman due to that.

Chapman netted Torres and 3 other players. At the time Torres was in the mid 20s prospect in all of baseball.

i think you get a higher ranked main piece and at least one more player.

Archived