Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

The Orioles shouldn't acquire an 18-year-old in any potential ZB trade unless he's essentially the fourth guy.

This has nothing to do with shortening the window of rebuilding. It has everything to do with players that young just being absolute throws of the dart.

I want them to get the best they can. If it's minor league prospects so they can build up the farm so be it. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Dodgers would like to add an impact left-handed reliever, but “[are] wary of overpaying for 15-20 innings of a pitcher who will have zero impact on them winning the division.”

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Britton would be a move for the postseason and they would have him for next year.  Don't believe anything GM's say.  

This.

They aren't getting just 15-20 innings this year. They're also getting him for the playoffs (which is why you're getting him in the first place - having Jansen and Britton at the back end in October will be silly).

They also get another 60-75 IP from him next season. His last arb year will be pricey but that's no problem for LA.

The Dodgers make way too much sense here for Britton. Both teams come out on top. I'm just hoping they will part with Buehler. He's the key for me.

1 minute ago, epic said:

This.

They aren't getting just 15-20 innings this year. They're also getting him for the playoffs (which is why you're getting him in the first place - having Jansen and Britton at the back end in October will be unbeatable).

They also get another 60-75 IP from him next season. His last arb year will be pricey but that's no problem for LA.

The Dodgers make way too much sense here for Britton. Both teams come out on top here. I'm just hoping they will part with Buehler. He's the key for me.

And if the Dodgers won't part with Buehler but have other good prospects you'd turn down the trade? 

7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

And if the Dodgers won't part with Buehler but have other good prospects you'd turn down the trade? 

Buehler looks like the sure-fire stud that we could put in the rotation next year and let him ride. Maybe I should have said that he's the prize Duq should keep his eye on.

That said, if LA isn't giving him up then they have plenty of other good prospects that they can package together to give us a solid return. Guys like Verdugo, Alvarez, Stewart, White, Heredia, etc. all seem very talented but admittedly I don't know much more than the high-level scouting reports floating around.

49 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just read on MLB trade rumors that the Dodgers are not willing to part with their top prospects. I can't help but wonder if most of the high impact young players are gone after all the white sox deals. Are their still lots of good young players left to be had? I want a guy like Clint Frazier if not better. I don't know if the Nationals have any impact players left.

Even if they are serious about Buehler and Verdugo being off limits, I can still see a package for Britton.  Something like Alvarez, Stewart, and K. Ruiz would get it done for me. 

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I just read on MLB trade rumors that the Dodgers are not willing to part with their top prospects. I can't help but wonder if most of the high impact young players are gone after all the white sox deals. Are their still lots of good young players left to be had? I want a guy like Clint Frazier if not better. I don't know if the Nationals have any impact players left.

I'm tired of riding the bus.  I want a new car.  I only want to pay the price for a used car.  But I want a new car.  I want to pay the price of a used car.  I hate riding the bus.  I want a new car.  I want to pay the price of a used car.  I want that new car.  I hate the bus.  I want to pay the price of a used car.  I want that new car.

Archived