Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Did Olney offer up any names of prospects being offered?  Dodgers farm system is loaded, they give up the right prospects and I'm sending Zach on the next flight to Los Angeles.  

I'll help you send him. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Three Run Homer said:

Didn't the Cubs trade their remaining top 100-type prospects to get Quintana?  I wouldn't trade Britton if we weren't getting a consensus top-100 prospect (or a comparable young player already in the major leagues) back.  4 lesser prospects does not equal one really good prospect!  

They have Schwarber, Almora, and Happ that are young, in MLB, and either just graduated or don't have a spot regularly in the lineup/they could move. In the minors, Candelario I believe is a top 100 prospect for most or at least should be. Looks like he should be an above average everyday 3B that is ready right now but is blocked by Kris Bryant of course. Should play very good defense as well. He would obviously be involved.

IDK, we'll just have to see. 

7 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

They have Schwarber, Almora, and Happ that are young, in MLB, and either just graduated or don't have a spot regularly in the lineup/they could move. In the minors, Candelario I believe is a top 100 prospect for most or at least should be. Looks like he should be an above average everyday 3B that is ready right now but is blocked by Kris Bryant of course. Should play very good defense as well. He would obviously be involved.

IDK, we'll just have to see. 

I might turn old and gray by the time DD pulls the trigger. ?

1 minute ago, Black Bat said:

I can't see the Cubs offering a better deal than LA or Houston at this time.  Unless we're dealing Machado for certain, Candelario makes no sense for this team.  He's barely a top 100 prospect and he's the headliner for the Cubs' prospects.

EDIT: ISU94 answers my doubts a bit.

I guess you could shift Manny to SS and have Candelario play 3rd but I agree overall. They don't have any pitching prospects that I'm super intrigued by. I could live with Candelario and Zagunis, plus. Think they'd give us Mike Montgomery? 

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I guess you could shift Manny to SS and have Candelario play 3rd but I agree overall. They don't have any pitching prospects that I'm super intrigued by. I could live with Candelario and Zagunis, plus. Think they'd give us Mike Montgomery? 

Well, according to BA's updated top 10 for teams maybe we're looking the wrong way (although I 100% disagree with their ranking of Candelario).

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-chicago-cubs-midseason-top-10-prospects/#itDO4jtBIKdHXh4Z.97

If the Cubs offered either Schwarber or Almora along with Candelerio I would jump on that in a heart beat. But I don't think its gonna happen. I think we would have to sell Britton really short right now, because he has been injured and is not performing well at present.

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

According to Roch on Buster Olney's podcast, the Cubs and Dodgers have packages in place and are waiting for the Orioles to pull the trigger. Houston also in on him.

Just because they have offered packages does not mean we like the packages offered.  If they offered what we liked, it would be done.

Just now, Cavspider said:

Just because they have offered packages does not mean we like the packages offered.  If they offered what we liked, it would be done.

Well yeah obviously but I think it shows that the talks are rather serious. Past the point of just putting out feelers, especially if we have scouts looking at their AAA teams.

10 minutes ago, theobird said:

If the Cubs offered either Schwarber or Almora along with Candelerio I would jump on that in a heart beat. But I don't think its gonna happen. I think we would have to sell Britton really short right now, because he has been injured and is not performing well at present.

Almora is the only one off the major league squad I could possibly see being moved. Schwarber certainly wont be unless it's for a young stud pitcher like Michael Fulmer.

Archived