Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

Just now, Tony-OH said:

The fact the Peter Angelos still has to be involved in deadline deals tells us everything we need to know about how and why things that come to deadlines rarely work out well for the Orioles. 

Yeah I thought he gave permission already and Dan can do whatever he wants. Guess not. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

The fact the Peter Angelos still has to be involved in deadline deals tells us everything we need to know about how and why things that come to deadlines rarely work out well for the Orioles. 

No wonder Duquette was looking to leave last year.  

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I know Pete gets into things like the players resigning but I really doubt he knows the difference in prospect status of the Astros and Dodgers.  DD is making the call here.

I thought same thing.  

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah I thought he gave permission already and Dan can do whatever he wants. Guess not. 

No, he gave him permission to seek out trades for the pen arms and expirings.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I think that is just Reosenthal taking just another shot at Peter.  I bet if you asked about the Astros top 10 prospects he wouldn't be able to name them let alone say which guys are better then the others.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It needs to be a big haul for pdiddy to approve.  Also for most of the board.  We don't have to do anything today.  I'd rather wait on a great deal in the offseason than settle for a blah deal for Britton.

Just now, bpilktree said:

I think that is just Reosenthal taking just another shot at Peter.  I bet if you asked about the Astros top 10 prospects he wouldn't be able to name them let alone say which guys are better then the others.

Or it's the truth. Say what you want about him, but the guy doesn't just make stuff up and he's as connected as anyone.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I see it as DD agrees to deal. DD has second thoughts on deal, might be able to get more. "Hey, Houston GM, sorry about that handshake deal but owner says I need more. What else do you have"? (DD to assistant: go ahead and leak it to Rosenthal that Peter says we need more).

Just now, bpilktree said:

Isn't that 19 year old kid(Chris Cotillo) more in the know than Rosenthal?  

Archived