3rd Round Pick - 2B Jerome Hoes - HS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least it's a 2B man. And a Maryland product to boot if I'm right...

Jerome Hoes - SS/CF/P - 2008

3800 Circle Vista Ct, Mitchellville, MD 20721

Tel: (301) 459-0267

St. Johns

HT: 5'10" - WT: 162 - GPA: 3.33 - PSAT: - SAT:

B: R - T: R

HS stats: Bat Avg. .443 - RBI 36 - HR 6 - SB 14 - 7.12 - Pitching W-4 L-0 - ERA 3.23

http://www.impactprospects.com/mdw.html

Let's call him up and give him a big OH welcome! ;)

So apparently we aren't looking to fix the positional dearth of talent with anyone possibly ready in the next couple years? Two HSers in rounds 2 or 3? Can't say I'm excited about these guys.

I don't get the criticism. If a guy was a polished college hitter ready to help the bigs in 2-3 years, he wouldn't be around in the 3rd round. A lot of guys picked in these rounds never amount to anything, college or no.

I know some see the success of Arrieta and hope to repeat it, but Arrieta fell due to demands, and is more of an abberation, not the rule.

From BA, rated their 137th best prospect...

Hoes first popped on the scouting radar in the summer of 2006, when he made USA Baseball's youth national team. The following summer he competed for the junior national team and has become known as an athlete on the baseball field. None of his tools are legitimate pluses, but all of them are at least slightly above-average. Scouts know Hoes fits somewhere on the diamond, but they aren't sure where. He has good speed but not quite enough to profile as a center fielder. He's a better than average hitter with power, but doesn't show the pop necessary to play a corner outfield position. He shows more power to the opposite field now and often hits the ball on the ground to the left, his pull side. Hoes has the athleticism and the plus arm to play almost any position, and it wouldn't be far-fetched to see him try the infield. With questions about his profile and a commitment to North Carolina, Hoes could be a tough sign.

This appears to be a much bigger reach than Avery, at lest according to BA.

It'll be interesting to see what Jordan says about both these guys. He obviously thinks he knows something that the general scouting community doesn't.

I don't get the criticism. If a guy was a polished college hitter ready to help the bigs in 2-3 years, he wouldn't be around in the 3rd round. A lot of guys picked in these rounds never amount to anything, college or no.

I know some see the success of Arrieta and hope to repeat it, but Arrieta fell due to demands, and is more of an abberation, not the rule.

I was hoping for a repeat of Jake Arrieta. His name is Melville.

Archived