BTB :Britton's low trade value could hurt O's chances of dealing him

Tony-OH

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Britton hit hard again today.

This team is so bad and so overpaid that there isn't even anyone to trade for future pieces

Just ride out the bad contracts, don't sign anymore bad contracts, lose a lot of games to get high draft picks, and come out fighting in 2022

I'm at the beach in California, I missed all the runs Britton gave up today.  And just to be clear, you are saying Britton is a bad contract?

Watching ESPN and seeing Ubaldo give up five............Dissapointing

Cold beer at Sandy's surf side in Huntington Beach $7.00

Partaking the wisdom of Webbrick2010.....Priceless

For everything else there is Master Card. 

Look I get being down on the team...I do.  But come on, you are not even remotely tethered to reality.  It's like the opposite of Orange Colored glasses. :D

25 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I'm at the beach in California, I missed all the runs Britton gave up today.  And just to be clear, you are saying Britton is a bad contract?

Watching ESPN and seeing Ubaldo give up five............Dissapointing

Cold beer at Sandy's surf side in Huntington Beach $7.00

Partaking the wisdom of Webbrick2010.....Priceless

For everything else there is Master Card. 

Look I get being down on the team...I do.  But come on, you are not even remotely tethered to reality.  It's like the opposite of Orange Colored glasses. :D

Ubaldo K'd 9 and gave up 2 runs.  He wasn't the problem today.

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Hit hard? Your vision of what happened and what I saw were 2 different things. Longo hit the ball hard, the other 2 hits were groundballs. The Orioles hit the ball harder making outs last night. 

I was wondering about the defense for these plays. And I agree a few singles and a walk?

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I was wondering about the defense for these plays. And I agree a few singles and a walk?

Longo smoked his ball, a liner. The one was a grounder between Manny and Tejada and the other hit not hard at all that bounced over Davis. He was holding runner.    Defense wasn't poor but playing on turf didn't help Britton there.  

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

At this point it's probably best not to deal him now.

Agree with Chuck 100%.   Hope he has a strong Aug/Sept and then can bring us something in the offseason.

Deal Brach, Smith, Kim, Castillo.

(And if possible O'Day, Trumbo, Tillman, Ubaldo, Miley, Hardy -- but of course I do not think getting any return for those guys is even possible).

Agree 100%, Britton needs to return to 2014 to 2016 form.  Teams are going to lowball based on his 2017 performance.  If someone does offer 2 to 3 top prospects make the deal.

Machado nets you the best haul, I just not sure what the demand is for 3B among playoff contenders.  Red Sox are out now after trading for Nunez. 

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

We are probably better off trading Britton in the offseason or next year's trade deadline at this point. Maybe he rebuilds his value over the final two months.  If he can't do it then maybe he does it next year.  

That 1.83 WHIP will not be overlooked despite what several voices on this board seem to think.

I am not a fan of selling low.  Deal Brach now.  Wait on Britton. 

I agree.    We'll get better value for Brach right now.   

Well, if we're going for it in 2018 I doubt we're trading Britton in the offseason too. Do we have confirmation that that is the club's intention? Honestly don't see how we are going to contend next season. Where are the 3 SP in addition to Gausman and Bundy going to come from (if Bundy doesn't have an arm injury/is just flat ineffective next season)? 

1 minute ago, Flash- bd said:

Well, if we're going for it in 2018 I doubt we're trading Britton in the offseason too. Do we have confirmation that that is the club's intention? Honestly don't see how we are going to contend next season. Where are the 3 SP in addition to Gausman and Bundy going to come from (if Bundy doesn't have an arm injury/is just flat ineffective next season)? 

Givens is making a LOT less money than Britton will be.  Shedding Britton's 2018 salary while adding some MLB ready pieces could actually strengthen the team for 2018.

19 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Why don't we look to trade Givens too? 

Far less incentive to trade someone who is under team control beyond 2018.

I won't say no to trading anyone but I would want a LOT more for someone who could be a great piece for us beyond October 1, 2018.

I just think the SP has to come from somewhere...we're not going to get it immediately from the farm system, in FA it's extremely hard and we're not going to be able to afford 3 or 4 starters there (as it's not like Bundy and Gausman are even sure things), so that leaves trades. If that means trading a bullpen piece who is under control for a few years more, so be it. 

1 minute ago, Flash- bd said:

I just think the SP has to come from somewhere...we're not going to get it immediately from the farm system, in FA it's extremely hard and we're not going to be able to afford 3 or 4 starters there (as it's not like Bundy and Gausman are even sure things), so that leaves trades. If that means trading a bullpen piece who is under control for a few years more, so be it. 

I'd be fine with it.  I just don't think it's going to happen.

Archived