We have a ton of games to play with the other WC contenders

Frobby

As has been noted, there are currently five teams ahead of us for the second wild card, and a team tied with us (Texas).    I was just noticing that we play a lot of games against those teams:

3 vs KC

9 vs Tampa

6 vs LAA

6 vs Seattle

3 vs Texas 

The only team we don't play is the Twins.   We also play the current first wild card, the Yankees, 7 times.

The truth is, a lot of our destiny is in our own hands.    

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As has been noted, there are currently five teams ahead of us for the second wild card, and a team tied with us (Texas).    I was just noticing that we play a lot of games against those teams:

3 vs KC

8 vs Tampa

6 vs LAA

6 vs Seattle

3 vs Texas 

The only team we don't play is the Twins.   We also play the current first wild card, the Yankees, 7 times.

And what is the team's record against teams over .500?

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

3 vs KC

8 vs Tampa

6 vs LAA

6 vs Seattle

3 vs Texas 

We have 9 more vs the Rays.

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

3 vs KC

8 vs Tampa

6 vs LAA

6 vs Seattle

3 vs Texas 

This is exactly what I worry about. That DD will believe the O's have a chance and buy. Trading one of our top prospects. Which will turn out to be a fools errand. I've already given up the idea of the O's making the playoffs this season. IMO 

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

This is exactly what I worry about. That DD will believe the O's have a chance and buy. Trading one of our top prospects. Which will turn out to be a fools errand. I've already given up the idea of the O's making the playoffs this season. IMO 

I don't care if they sneak into the second WC slot.  This is not a team that can win consecutive series against playoff teams.  To me, it is not worth an actual prospect to give them a slightly better shot at being one and done.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't care if they sneak into the second WC slot.  This is not a team that can win consecutive series against playoff teams.  To me, it is not worth an actual prospect to give them a slightly better shot at being one and done.

No they are not. 

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No way with this starting pitching they sneak into anything. That would be a historical move with this pitching. I totally agree that it is not worth it at all.

Picking up a Parra or Feldman type of player will not change that this is a poor team. None of those prospects would even get a player like that really. If they want to hold tight on what's already there and hope for the best im not totally against that but the liklihood of this team being any better than bad is low. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

My feeling is - When you're above .500, you can talk about being a playoffs contender.  Until then, you're kidding yourself.  

I think that's a good line to draw, even in a year like this where the WC leaders are barely above .500 themselves. 

Archived