ESPN insider O's trades

doctorbj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, doctorbj said:

i won't copy the article by Dan Szymborskihttp://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/20155566/mlb-trade-deadline-deal-all-30-teams,but  two fascinating if improbable trades:

1. Nationals get Brach and Jones; O's get SS Carter Kieboom, LHP McKenzie Mills, LHP Tyler Watson

2.Diamondbacks get Zach Britton; O's get LHP Anthony Banda, SS Domingo Leyba, LHP Alex Young

i don't know the players but i am sure there will be a lot of comments.

Dammit. I thought at first the trades were true. I should know better I guess.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

There are about equal chances of us re-signing (or extending, for those worried about semantics) Manny and making a trade that actually makes us a better team in 2019.

I don't see us re-signing Manny, but that's just me. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

There are about equal chances of us re-signing (or extending, for those worried about semantics) Manny and making a trade that actually makes us a better team in 2019.

The only person who knows the answer to this question is Duquette (if he's had discussions with Manny and Boras). It's certainly not you. If they don't think they can resign/extend him then trading him makes us a better team then settling for the draft pick compensation. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think there is much of a chance Jones is traded.

I don't see the Orioles and Nats trading due to their contract issues with MASN. Even if they were, no way would the Orioles send a fan favorite like Jones to the Nationals.

Archived