Now That The Trade Deadline has Passed - Let's Go Out and Win this Thing

brianod

I understand the long term thinking that went into trading our short term star players. But, we are only 7 1/2 games out of first with two months to go.  We have won recently with this team and there is no reason why we can't get hot and have a shot. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone important. Beating one of the hottest teams in baseball with their ace on the mound vs Ubaldo sets us up nice for the rest of this series.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brianod said:

I understand the long term thinking that went into trading our short term star players. But, we are only 7 1/2 games out of first with two months to go.  We have won recently with this team and there is no reason why we can't get hot and have a shot. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone important. Beating one of the hottest teams in baseball with their ace on the mound vs Ubaldo sets us up nice for the rest of this series.

Win the next two worst we can be is 2.5 out of wild card.  

3 minutes ago, brianod said:

I've always loved this core of players. Nervous about the future of the franchise, yet excited I get to watch these guys a little while longer. It's totally possible that they've got some more good baseball left in them. 

12 minutes ago, brianod said:

And lo, it happened.

It's all we can do now, root and hope for a killer August / September!

Archived