Santander

OriolesMagic83

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You do know Stewart was the hottest Orioles player in the minor league system prior to being called up. He wasn’t called up randomly, there was a reason.

Now it’s up to Stewart to prove himself at the major league level. 

I thought Rutschman was the hottest hitter in our minor league system...

:)

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

With what do you disagree? I like Stewart more than most here, but Santander has an opportunity. That’s all I’m saying.

I don't think he does.  He's having a couple good games.  He's also got a 737 OPS in juiced ball Norfolk.  He isn't that good and it will show.

Folks get all excited when a guy comes up and has a few good games.

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

He isnt hitting in Norfolk is one thing thats wrong with Santander. Im sure coming into the year he was considered a higher prospect than Stewart, but definitely still behind Hays and Diaz. 

Satander isn't a prospect.

Just now, jabba72 said:

The O's have called him up twice now so they clearly see him as  a major leaguer if maybe not a top prospect. 

The first time was for the second game of a double header.  The second time was because a guy promoted ahead of him was injured.

Sure, stranger things have happened in baseball but I don't like his long term chances.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think he does.  He's having a couple good games.  He's also got a 737 OPS in juiced ball Norfolk.  He isn't that good and it will show.

Folks get all excited when a guy comes up and has a few good games.

Nah, not talking about that. He’s more athletic than people (or, you) give him credit. Like his approach at bat, too. 

I’ve seen him be bad, but his athleticism could give him a shot. Hey, wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Nah, not talking about that. He’s more athletic than people (or, you) give him credit. Like his approach at bat, too. 

I’ve seen him be bad, but his athleticism could give him a shot. Hey, wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong.

Below average fielders make nice plays on a regular basis.  Overall I would say he's below average in the outfield. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The first time was for the second game of a double header.  The second time was because a guy promoted ahead of him was injured.

Sure, stranger things have happened in baseball but I don't like his long term chances.

I dont either, this is the 2nd year he's not hitting in Norfolk but they protected him  a few years ago with the idea he was a legit prospect. 

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont either, this is the 2nd year he's not hitting in Norfolk but they protected him  a few years ago with the idea he was a legit prospect. 

I'm hopeful the 40 man is tight this year.  We will really get an idea of where the players sit.