What Trades Will the Orioles Make?

weams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, weams said:

Yan Gomes,  Cameron Rupp, Sandy Leon, Stephen Vogt, are a couple I can see. 

Sure, I'll just go with that list.

How many guys are out there that can really change a game with their speed?  Is it a half a dozen guys that can just embarrass a catcher?  Less?

Do you know how many guys have 30 steals this year?

Three.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think we need to stop constantly revisiting these old trades in threads that are about current/future events.    I hated the Davies trade, but that's got nothing to do with whether we will or should make any trades now.   

Hold up Officer Fun Police, I was just making a joke.

25 minutes ago, weams said:

Yan Gomes,  Cameron Rupp, Sandy Leon, Stephen Vogt, are a couple I can see. 

Are you going by the eye test, weams? That's OK by me if you are. The stats -- SB attempts/inning and CS% -- don't agree for any of the players listed, however. And that's at the major-league level! Even Vogt has a career CS% of 27%, despite this season's struggles. 

10 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Are you going by the eye test, weams? That's OK by me if you are. The stats -- SB attempts/inning and CS% -- don't agree for any of the players listed, however. And that's at the major-league level! Even Vogt has a career CS% of 27%, despite this season's struggles. 

Yes. I am   As pitching staff and dedication have much do do with CS rates. 

12 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Maybe, but why start his service clock now?

I think it's a good idea to add a third catcher so you can be more comfortable pinch hitting/running.  So they should make a 40 man move there, imo.  Sisco has the best bat of the options.  You give him MLB experience.  You hold him back next season until June instead of May.

Archived