vs. Mariners, 8/30 Day Game

weams

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Anyone else think Brach would do better if his workload was closer to 70 innings instead of 80?  I think he has stretches were fatigue is an issue.

o

It's possible. 

Last year, he had a similar pattern as the season progressed.

Of course, the starting rotation having been historically bad for more than half the season didn't give Showlater much choice in the matter, even taking into consideration Duquette's usage of the Baltimore-Norfolk shuttle.

o

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I did go back and mention that in a later post.

Yep... sorry, I'm at work.   I don't have an outside internet terminal at my desk (only our internal secure network), so I've been sliding over to the shared one in our cube periodically to check the score and the game thread.   So reading a chunk of game thread a t a time...

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I was speaking more in a general sense.

It's something that I have been watching during his tenure here.

Gotcha....he wasn't good in the 2nd half last year so there is probably something to that.  I think his issues are mental but that's just a gut feel on my part.  

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

It's possible. 

Last year, he had a similar pattern as the season progressed.

Of course, the starting rotation having been historically bad for more than half the season didn't give Showlater much choice in the matter, even taking into consideration Duquette's usage of the Baltimore-Norfolk shuttle.

o

I wasn't faulting Buck.

Just observing and speculating.

Archived