@ INDIANS, 9/09

scOtt

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, spiritof66 said:

Possibly, but it's irrelevant. He's 88 years old and running out of chances to ride in the limo at a victory parade. He'll do anything he can to improve the 2017-18 team that doesn't make him look a complete idiot, and some things that do make him look like a complete idiot. 

Obviously he won't do "anything".

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Possibly, but it's irrelevant. He's 88 years old and running out of chances to ride in the limo at a victory parade. He'll do anything he can to improve the 2017-18 team that doesn't make him look a complete idiot, and some things that do make him look like a complete idiot. 

The owner is relevant. He decides the course for the organization. 

Just now, Norfolk orioles said:

I'd say it was a fun season, but it really wasn't.

it was ugly, painful and at times unwatchable.

and of course we will get more of the same next year as well.

Comes down to the rotation next year. It has not been a fun season but as a whole not a lost one for the entire organization.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

And what makes you think who they bring in to take over will be better? They aren't rebuilding.   

You could be right.  The old man might just stay in his stubborn  "I never rebuild" mode, meaning the likelihood of returning to last place for a decade or so goes way up.   I hope not.  We need a new perspective at GM and Buck is not going to want to be in on a rebuild or a team that just is not good even though filled with his favorite veterans.

I think it will qualify as a rebuild if they deal or don't sign Manny.  But we will see. 

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

You could be right.  The old man might just stay in his stubborn  "I never rebuild" mode, meaning the likelihood of returning to last place for a decade or so goes way up.   I hope not.  We need a new perspective at GM and Buck is not going to want to be in on a rebuild or a team that just is not good even though filled with his favorite veterans.

I think it will qualify as a rebuild if they deal or don't sign Manny.  But we will see. 

Archived