Right Now, I Hate Baseball.

ORIOLE33

25 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Me too Frobby. I don't hate them but I do have a strong dislike for them now.

I don’t actually hate the players.   What I really hate is their spoiled fans who have no idea what fans in other cities experience and think it’s their birthright to win titles on a regular basis.    And I hate the fact that the Yankees have such huge economic advantages.   And I hate the media attention their players get.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t actually hate the players.   What I really hate is their spoiled fans who have no idea what fans in other cities experience and think it’s their birthright to win titles on a regular basis.    And I hate the fact that the Yankees have such huge economic advantages.   And I hate the media attention their players get.

And now we have the makings of a Yankee/Dodger Series - revisiting all of the old stories of yesteryear in good old NYC.  We have all of those smug Yankee fans and all of the LAD beautiful people, Larry and the Entertainment Tonight lady right behind home plate.  Oy!

1 hour ago, bobmc said:

And now we have the makings of a Yankee/Dodger Series - revisiting all of the old stories of yesteryear in good old NYC.  We have all of those smug Yankee fans and all of the LAD beautiful people, Larry and the Entertainment Tonight lady right behind home plate.  Oy!

You know what I hate most of all?  Dodgers-Yankees is exactly what ESPN wants.  It validates their bias for the last 20 years.  If the Orioles aren't going to be involved, I want Twins-Brewers or Rockies-Astros every year just to piss off ESPN and MLB.

6 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I know I said Houston was cooked, but I have to believe that they're due for an offensive explosion on Friday. 

I hope so, not enjoying them look hapless at the plate this whole series.  Astros need to bust out, Yankees bullpen is going to be rested.  If the Astros eek by with a 2-1 win in game 6, I'm convinced they will blow game 7.  

Last thing I need is a new Yankees dynasty led by that freak of nature Aaron Judge.  

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I am with you on all of that. 

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I hope so, not enjoying them look hapless at the plate this whole series.  Astros need to bust out, Yankees bullpen is going to be rested.  If the Astros eek by with a 2-1 win in game 6, I'm convinced they will blow game 7.  

Last thing I need is a new Yankees dynasty led by that freak of nature Aaron Judge.  

I am afraid they will too. 

9 hours ago, 24fps said:

You know what I hate most of all?  Dodgers-Yankees is exactly what ESPN wants.  It validates their bias for the last 20 years.  If the Orioles aren't going to be involved, I want Twins-Brewers or Rockies-Astros every year just to piss off ESPN and MLB.

What are we?  Angry old men?  :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

When you have a farm system that churns out talented prospects and you have $$$ to buy the missing pieces, it was only a matter of time before the Yankees returned to glory.  

That is true. I just didn't want this season. 

What is hard to value is how well a team will perform when the "moment" is big.  These games in Yankee Stadium, where the fans are sounding very much like they did in the 1990s, have appeared to give young Houston a serious case of the yips.  Their lineup, which was really pretty solid up and down all year, has become very Oriole-esque in this series.  Yankee pitching has been good, but the hitters are missing a lot of hittable pitches and they seem to be more undisciplined than normal.  Last night, it looked very much to me like the way they lost Game 4 spooked Houston quite a bit.  The Yankees, on the other hand, never seem too small for the moment.  It will be interesting to see how the Astros respond in Game 6.  When Arizona suffered those horrible defeats in NY in the 2001 World Series, they returned home in Game 6 and took Pettitte and the Yankees to the woodshed.   Honestly, that is what needs to happen here.

Archived