2017 A.L.C.S. (Astros vs. Yankees)

OFFNY

5 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Yeah, I wasn't questioning the idea of getting him. He has steadily been getting better, even going back to the end of last year. He was perfect for the Astros. It was more a general question of whether this is his zenith. The Astros won't care if they win it all.

I get you. It probably is. I thought at the time it was a great move for them.

Just frustrating as hell to see other guys pitch well. Although I like when it is against NY.  

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tntoriole said:

That is the best effort that the Yankees will get out of Tanaka, and it wasn't good enough to win the game for them. Go, Astros !!!! Yet another pitcher (Keuchel) of which we have nothing of that species anywhere in our organization.  

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I believe that Hunter Harvey has a ceiling that is in Keuchel's neighborhood.

Whether or not he ever reaches that ceiling remains to be seen.

o

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I hope you are right. But we have not had one in 20 years. Watching Verlander is another example of the type of pitcher that we have not had since Mussina or Jim Palmer ........ A true TOR starting pitcher. Looking at what we are likely to be running out there next year, it is already depressing. The teams with horses at the top of the rotation are just much better.   

o

I'm pretty sure that I'm right about Harvey's ceiling.

I'm not necessarily predicting that he will reach that status, but rather that he is a pitcher that is currently in the Orioles' organization that has the talent to become one.

o

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

I'm pretty sure that I'm right about Harvey's ceiling.

I'm not necessarily predicting that he will indeed reach that status, but rather that he is a pitcher that is currently in the Orioles' organization that has the talent to become one.

o

I hope so....

Archived