Aaron Judge - RF

Gary Sanchez - C

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

Starlin Castro - 2B

Aaron Hicks - CF

Greg Bird - 1B

Matthew Holliday - DH

Todd Frazier - 3B

Masahiro Tanaka - P )) (13-12, 4.74 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Springer - CF

William Joshua Reddick - RF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Carlos Correa - SS

Marwin Gonzalez - LF

Yuliesky Gourriel Castillo - 1B

Carlos Beltran - DH

Alex Bregman - 3B

Brian McCann - C

Dallas Keuchel - P )) (14-5, 2.90 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

I do have to admit, I like the fact that the Yankees are in the Playoffs. Mainly because it gives me a team to root for; whoever is playing against the Yankees. When the Astros got that out at home I yelled pretty loud. Go Astros. 

o

(IN BETWEEN INNINGS)

When Syracuse had a 14-7 lead in the 2nd quarter of their game against Clemson, they had a touchdown called back because of a borderline offensive pass interference call.

Still, 2 plays later on 3rd down and long they still had a chance for a long field-goal attempt when their running back fumbled the ball ......... he not only fumbled, by a Clemson defender scooped the ball up and ran it all the way back the other way for a touchdown.

So instead of Syracuse being up by a score of 21-7 (or at least 17-7), the score was instead tied at 14 ........ and I immediately thought that they probably just blew the gamebecause a heavy underdog with a record of 3-3 going against the undefeated (6-0) #2 team in the country can ill-afford to give away 10-point swings like that.

I was wrong. Syracuse kept their composure, continued to outplay Clemson (particularly on their offensive vs. Clemson's defensive side of the ball), and completed a stunning 27-24 upset in front of their home crowd at the Carrier Dome.

o

Astros know how to pitch. I hope DD is watching; that's what pitching looks like, not rotten dinty moore beef stew thrown all over the plate ala Ubaldo, Miley, Tillman and Hellickson.

Sorry for the mini rant, been a long week, a long 2 months actually, seen too much bad pitching for a lifetime.

Go Astros!

o

This game reminds me somewhat of Game 1 of the 1986 NLCS between the Astros and the Mets, at the Astrodome.

Glenn Davis hit a solo home run off of Dwight Gooden early in the game, and it held up for a 1-0 Astros victory.

Mike Scott went the distance for the Complete Game-Shutout.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU198610080.shtml

o

o

(GAME TWO)

NEW YORK YANKEES

Brett Gardner - LF

Aaron Judge - RF

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

Gary Sanchez - C

Greg Bird - 1B

Starlin Castro - 2B

Aaron Hicks - CF

Todd Frazier - 3B 

Chase Headley - DH

Luis Severino - P )) (14-6, 2.98 ERA)

HOUSTON ASTROS

George Springer - CF

William Joshua Reddick - RF

Jose Altuve - 2B

Carlos Correa - SS

Marwin Gonzalez - LF

Yuliesky Gourriel Castillo - 1B

Carlos Beltran - DH

Alex Bregman - 3B

Brian McCann - C

Justin Brooks Verlander - P )) (15-8, 3.36 ERA) ) *

* )) (10-8, 3.82 ERA) OOO [DETROIT TIGERS] OOOOOO (5-0, 1.06 ERA) OOO [HOUSTON ASTROS]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

3 hours ago, tntoriole said:

That is the best effort the Yankees will get out of Tanaka, and it wasn't good enough for a win. Go, Astros !!! Yet another pitcher (Keuchel) of which we have nothing of that species anywhere in our organization.

o

I believe that Hunter Harvey has a ceiling that is in Keuchel's neighborhood.

Whether or not he ever reaches that ceiling remains to be seen.

o

Archived