How long before the O's convert Brad Brach to a starter?

wildcard

15 hours ago, wildcard said:

Not that it matters for this discussion but Brach was mostly a starter in college.

http://monmouthhawks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=763

Learn something new everyday, I could have sworn, he hadnt started since his high school days.

More shocked to learn that a small private college like mouthhawks was a Division 1 school.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Learn something new everyday, I could have sworn, he hadnt started since his high school days.

More shocked to learn that a small private college like mouthhawks was a Division 1 school.

Wake Forest is almost as small, about 500 more undergrads. 

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Weird - I had the same recollection.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Looks more and more like Brach will be needed in the rotation.

I wish you would just stop banging this drum, when there hasn’t been the slightest whiff of a rumor that the Orioles have given this idea a moment’s thought.    Until there’s actual news that this is or isn’t happening, there’s no reason to refresh this thread.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I wish you would just stop banging this drum, when there hasn’t been the slightest whiff of a rumor that the Orioles have given this idea a moment’s thought.    Until there’s actual news that this is or isn’t happening, there’s no reason to refresh this thread.

Who is in the O's rotation?   Could Brach be better that any of them?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not sure that is a good enough reason to convert him.

You don't have to be sure of it.  Its simple logic.   The O's do not even have 5 starters that have shown they can get major league hitters out on a regular basis.   Brach has.   He has the pitches to be  a starter.  It is probably only a matter of time before the O's realize that Brach can help them more as a starter because Givens can close.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Who is in the O's rotation?   Could Brach be better that any of them?

I’m not going to argue about this anymore.    We may as well discuss whether Chris Davis will be in the rotation.    

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You don't have to be sure of it.  Its simple logic.   The O's do not even have 5 starters that have shown they can get major league hitters out on a regular basis.   Brach has.   He has the pitches to be  a starter.  It is probably only a matter of time before the O's realize that Brach can help them more as a starter because Givens can close.

Was a joke.

I was implying (or so I thought) that a gap existed between being better than someone in the Orioles' rotation and being a viable ML starting pitcher.

Man I hate explaining jokes.

Archived