Orioles to take another shot at extending Machado per Roch

Roll Tide

Will the Orioles get Manny resigned  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles get Machado signed?

• No ...They are just trying to prevent a fan exodus by saying they tried
    • No, They are going to back up the Brinks truck, but Machado isn't interested in staying
    • Yes...Angela s finally signs off on the big dollars and gets it done
    • Other.....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You keep trying to come up with ressons why multiple teams won't be tripping over each other to sign Machado to 10/300 or better a year from now.   

1. Premium free agents always get enormous contracts.

2. Things can change a lot in one year.  Any argument given today could be a moot point in November,  2018.

There's one sure thing in baseball: There's no sure thing in baseball. Looking at what teams have the money and what teams have the need I don't see that many. Maybe the LAA in addition. If Manny doesn't have a MVP type year he won't be as coveted as Harper and some other 2018-19 FA options.

3 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

There's one sure thing in baseball: There's no sure thing in baseball. Looking at what teams have the money and what teams have the need I don't see that many. Maybe the LAA in addition. If Manny doesn't have a MVP type year he won't be as coveted as Harper and some other 2018-19 FA options.

Barring injury I think Manny will have a very good year next season.  He bulked up last off season and changed his approach to try to hit more homers.  It mess him all up.  I think by the 2nd half he learned that approach did not work and he went back to the way he approached hitting in 2016.

19 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Barring injury I think Manny will have a very good year next season.  He bulked up last off season and changed his approach to try to hit more homers.  It mess him all up.  I think by the 2nd half he learned that approach did not work and he went back to the way he approached hitting in 2016.

Didn't work so well in Sept. I'm not so sure about Manny. I think the bulk has hurt his defense at 3B and lessened his viability as a SS.

20 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I doubt they wanna be rebuilding after 2018.  At some point they have to go for it. 

They do have some good looking you OF, 1B, 2B. A couple of promising you SP,  so maybe they might be interested. Doesn't seem to fit AM's MO IMO.

16 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Didn't work so well in Sept. I'm not so sure about Manny. I think the bulk has hurt his defense at 3B and lessened his viability as a SS.

I don't expect to see him quite as bulked next spring.  In great shape but not as bulked.

2 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I hope your right, but HR are the thing today, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bigger.

You could be right.  I hope the frustration he had last year helps him learn that he is a better player with a more balance game.  Heck he hit 37 homers in 2016 with that approach.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I would say that money is the thing today just like it's always been.   If Manny is smart he will do what gets him the biggest contract and that is being the player he was in 2015-2016.

I think Manny thought he might be able to take another step as an offensive player and found out that it didn't work to his advantage as an offensive player and as an overall player.   At least, I hope he learned that.

HR = $$$

Archived