22 hours ago, weams said:

tonygraham tonygraham 20h
Replying to @CamdenDepot
International money only. Not Trumbo.
View conversation ·
Camden Depot Camden Depot 20h
Replying to @chivalrypact
Was a joke.

Trading Trumbo "was a joke" by Camden Depot!?!

Was it supposed to be funny? Eff you Camden Depot and your suckful sense of humor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

The guy who runs Camden Depot is an ass IMO

Eh, sometimes he comes off that way, but as someone who has interacted with him on twitter and on his site, I think he's just a guy who is passionate about analytics and has a strong point of view.  Yeah, that conflicts with the misconceptions some fans have, but I think in whole he's a helpful voice in the Orioles community.  The Trumbo joke was in bad taste though, he has some org. contacts so people do looks for him for rumors of upcoming moves.

3 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Eh, sometimes he comes off that way, but as someone who has interacted with him on twitter and on his site, I think he's just a guy who is passionate about analytics and has a strong point of view.  Yeah, that conflicts with the misconceptions some fans have, but I think in whole he's a helpful voice in the Orioles community.  The Trumbo joke was in bad taste though, he has some org. contacts so people do looks for him for rumors of upcoming moves.

I’ve interacted with him on twitter too. He just comes off as an arrogant brainiac. His twitter feed is full of his personal politics too, recently. Like come on, you’re a baseball blog, stay that way

On 11/23/2017 at 12:43 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Playoff tickets.  Print em.

Was about to freak that we traded Trumbo.  Nice sense of humor, Camden Depot.  Way to go.

500K of international slot. That the Orioles were not going to spend. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

At least our GM is savy enough to accept this and make the most of it.  DD was hired back in 2011-2012 offseason right?  There'd be some international guys from those years that would up here by now, or at least being assets in the minors.  

Wade is essentially our replacements for Wilson and Wright.  Wilson is already gone, and Wright is out of options.  Wade will probably be an up/down(Norfolk shuttle) guy for 2-3 years if he can have any success in AAA.  

1 hour ago, weams said:

From MLBTR:

As Matt Eddy of Baseball America points out, the O’s have now made eight trades sending away their international bonus pool funds since the signing period opened on July 2. The other 29 teams in the league have combined to make 13 trades involving international money in that time.

So, the O's think he's worth $500,000 of international slot money but also think no team will give up $100,000 in real money to take him in the Rule 5 draft. Would be kind of funny if the Rockies took him in the Rule 5. They'd get their slot money and their player, too.

I'm starting to see Chris Gomez Part 2 in our future.

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

So, the O's think he's worth $500,000 of international slot money but also think no team will give up $100,000 in real money to take him in the Rule 5 draft. Would be kind of funny if the Rockies took him in the Rule 5. They'd get their slot money and their player, too.

I'm starting to see Chris Gomez Part 2 in our future.

That's the best thing for us.  We took $500,000 in money we were never going to spend and turned it into a quick 100k.  That's great business.  

13 hours ago, RZNJ said:

500K apparently has some value.   Someone was able to get a top 10-15 prospect from Seattle for a kid who has already thrown in the majors and apparently can hit 103 on the gun.    We gave a 500K in int money and got back a pitcher that had close to zero value.      It's fine that DD knows he can't use the international money and wants to use it to acquire players.    There is just no justification that I have seen that you use it to acquire someone like Konner Wade.    This guy has never been a top 30 prospect in his system.   The Rockies weren't going to protect him the Rule 5 and I guarantee that no one was going to take him.     5-10 guys with a similar profile to Konner Wade will be available on the waiver wire from now until ST.     

Agreed. Should have gotten a better pitcher for the 500k that the GM was not permitted to spend. 

Archived