Adam Jones Speaking out on Twitter.

Grt 2BA FL Gator

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

From the O's or someone else?

Someone else, Im pretty convinced this is his last season in Baltimore.  I'm not too sure if it will be because Orioles lowball him severely or if he just wants out.  If its the former, I wonder how he will let the public know.  I hope he does, if its a true low ball. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Being captain is not worth 5-8 million a year for four years.  I think that you could get similar production somewhere from a Granderson 5million per year up to 8 million per year for another corner outfielder producing at a similar level of Jones age during his contract.   Not 15 million a year for Jones over 4 years...no way.   Somebody else can aggravate their teammates with pies for a lot less dollars..lol.  

I don't I think it is more likely to get fringe performance for speculative money.  Jones is pretty much the guy who he has been. He is not going over the cliff. As Granderson will.

Jones will have very little reason to stay after the season  if the O's don't add some pitching to this team.    I can't see him re-signing with the O's if  they are not going to contend.

Look at Hosmer.  The Padres are offering him a ton of money to be their veteran presence.   He is not exactly jumping at doing that.

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Jones will have very little reason to stay after the season  if the O's don't add some pitching to this team.    I can't see him re-signing with the O's if  they are not going to contend.

Look at Hosmer.  The Padres are offering him a ton of money to be their veteran presence.   He is not exactly jumping at doing that.

Allegedly, there is a lot more incentive for agents to float big numbers than there is for FOs to leak big numbers. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

I don't I think it is more likely to get fringe performance for speculative money.  Jones is pretty much the guy who he has been. He is not going over the cliff. As Granderson will.

I’ve read some articles suggesting that because he lacks plate discipline, Jones is a strong candidate to fall off a cliff the moment he loses a little bat speed.   But I don’t know if you can ever predict who will fall off a cliff, or when.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve read some articles suggesting that because he lacks plate discipline, Jones is a strong candidate to fall off a cliff the moment he loses a little bat speed.   But I don’t know if you can ever predict who will fall off a cliff, or when.  

Wile E. Coyote.  When the Roadrunner stops short.

roadrunner-625x350.jpg

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

"Falling off a cliff" is an internet/stupid ESPN show hot take that really has little basis in reality. It is usually a slow gradual decline from the peak, there isn't some imaginary "cliff" where a player just loses every single skill he possesses all at once. Or loses so much in one skill ALL at once that is completely ruins his game "overnight". I'm sure it has happened before but that doesn't mean it is the rule, and is much more likely to happen with lesser players than a player of Jones caliber. He probably has 6 wins left in him at least over the next 4 years or so, but it obviously carries much more risk at his age.

11 hours ago, weams said:

I don't understand what you are saying here.  Granderson is four years older than Jones and is not nearly as good as Jones i today.  Adam Jones also never had a year that was as good as Granderson was in 2011.  Father time catches up with everyone and will catch up with Jones as well. 

I was only saying that I expect Jones next two or three years to be what Jones has been. And Grandy to have a year and then out. 

I don't expect Jones to fall off much for a few years. I think the "Replacement Jones" at the end of a career or just starting one are less liable to produce good results. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, weams said:

"I thought different situations in previous years would have been handled differently and I didn’t see that, so I just have to have a clear and open mind about the whole situation and don’t just try to make a rash decision."

Hmmm wonder what "situations" he is referring to. I can think of a few. 

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

"I thought different situations in previous years would have been handled differently and I didn’t see that, so I just have to have a clear and open mind about the whole situation and don’t just try to make a rash decision."

Hmmm wonder what "situations" he is referring to. I can think of a few. 

Like giving Chris Davis 161 million as he recommended? Or resigning Trumbo? 

I do think he means having acquired athletic corner outfielders and The Nick Fiasco if you were asking me to guess. 

Archived