If Manny stays he should play 3B.

wildcard

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Oh good. Let's weaken the entire infield defense to appease Manny's desire to boost his free agency value.  Schoop at 3B, Manny at SS and Beckham at 2B, that's a winning plan.  :confused:

If we don't get some starters you could put Trump at SS and Davis at 2B and it wouldn't affect are place in the standings.   But I agree Manny's desires shouldn't change where he plays.  

37 minutes ago, cimota said:

If we don't get some starters you could put Trump at SS and Davis at 2B and it wouldn't affect are place in the standings.   But I agree Manny's desires shouldn't change where he plays.  

True, Orioles probably won’t know who will be in their five man rotation until opening day.  

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Oh good. Let's weaken the entire infield defense to appease Manny's desire to boost his free agency value.  Schoop at 3B, Manny at SS and Beckham at 2B, that's a winning plan.  :confused:

He means both Manny and Schoop may be gone shortly. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

He means both Manny and Schoop may be gone shortly.

If that is what clapdiddy meant, why would that mean Beckham moves to second base.

Acquiring a major-league-ready shortstop in those trades is a big assumption that I don't think anyone can make.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

If that is what clapdiddy meant, why would that mean Beckham moves to second base.

Acquiring a major-league-ready shortstop in those trades is a big assumption that I don't think anyone can make.

J.J. Hardy? Anyone? Engelbert?

3 minutes ago, weams said:

J.J. Hardy? Anyone? Engelbert?

So, clapdiddy thinks Engelb Vielma will start at short, rather than vying for the utility spot. Or does clapdiddy think the Orioles will give the job back to a perennially injured JJ Hardy over Beckham? Just trying to figure out what clapdiddy is thinking.

2 minutes ago, paulcoates said:

This should only help our return for Manny if he proves how well he can play SS in the majors. 

Beckham will probably move back to SS after they trade Manny.

They wanted a Heyward return.

He's leaving for a pick.

I also don't think Manny is going to exceed expectations with his defense at short.

1 hour ago, cimota said:

I know the Orioles are not great but an over 70 year old at SS who claims he is  only 239 lbs. ,might not be a great move.Winning bigly.

Archived