MGon Signs with ChiSox

Rene88

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Also  no Edwin Jackson.Minor league deal with Nationals. Very sad. Jk

Man, Miggy, Edwin, and Vanimal all sign within 3 days.   Ex Oriole pitchers are in great demand!

Ubaldo's agent's phone line must be lighting up.

I think the Orioles are foolish to have not signed Miggy to a 1-year deal at 5M.

Miggy knows Buck. He has been successful here. 

Miggy was worth 1.5 WAR last year. Gausman was worth 1.8 WAR. 

Miggy has a much better track record as a starter than Castro, Ynoa or Cortes or whatever prayers we have recently brought into the organization. 

None of these guys move the needle

Why not go with our AAAA guys, save some money and look to the future

Look at the veteran pitcher moves we have made

Miranda for Miley.... and Miranda was better

gave away Bridwell... and he was better than Gallardo

I don't think going with a AAAA staff will cost us much in the standings and it gives the new GM more freedom and cash to start the re-build

17 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

None of these guys move the needle

Why not go with our AAAA guys, save some money and look to the future

Look at the veteran pitcher moves we have made

Miranda for Miley.... and Miranda was better

gave away Bridwell... and he was better than Gallardo

I don't think going with a AAAA staff will cost us much in the standings and it gives the new GM more freedom and cash to start the re-build

I don't really think it's fair to label Cortes or Ynoa AAAA guys.  Mike Wright, sure, but Ynoa will be 24 to start 2018 and Cortes will be 23 the entirety of 2018.

7 hours ago, weams said:

He has a shoulder injury?

Did Gallardo have a shoulder injury when we gave him a 2year deal?  I know that it went down from 3to 2 years, but still does the old man give even 2year deals to pitchers with “shoulder injuries”?   Shoulder “issues” was what I thought Gallardo had..he didn’t have surgery, he pitched last year and pitched the year before for us.  Subtle lost of velocity is often a sign of functional shoulder weakening  not necessarily rising to the level of “injury.”   Losing velocity as Cashner has progressively done over the last two seasons often indicates that.  Miggy will be a better pitcher than Cashner in 2018 at half the price and half the length of contract, imho.   But that will be for the White Sox, not us.  Meanwhile, even Cashner has interest from Mets, Twins, Padres , Rangers among others, so the warehouse certainly can overpay for him if they choose to. 

Miggy is a likeable guy and was easy to root for while with the Orioles.  It is hard to get upset over his signing with CWS, however, since he doesn't seem to fit into either a "go for it" or a "rebuild" scenario for the Orioles, IMO. 

Archived