Which starting pitchers will Dan bring in?

Diehard_O's_Fan

9 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Thanks for sharing. And while I don’t agree with every word, this is a really terrific rundown of some of these guys, and I think an accurate summation of the market. And, as Ripken said, I would happily shell out the projected contracts for Lynn and/or Cobb, even at four years. I’ll pitch in for the kegs, too. It’s too bad we went through the Ubaldo nightmare, but it wasn’t like even that contract, as terrible as it was, was crippling.

It wasn’t the contract that was crippling...it was Ubaldo’s pitching that was crippling. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

We're pretty much Andrew Cashner's entire market. He'll be here at some point 

I am not sure of that.   The Rangers are still in on the big 4.    If they don't sign one of those guys they may turn to Cashner.   Colon signing a minor league contract is just insurance for them in case they don't sign anyone else IMO.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Tillman & Cashner (I would rather have Cahill)

When the offseason started this thought would have made me throw up in my mouth a bit...now, I'm worried this duo may actually be better than what we end up with in the rotation.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Tillman & Cashner (I would rather have Cahill)

Cahill is garbage and coming off a shoulder injury that plagued Gallardo and Tillman. He's literally Big Sexy without the memes. 

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure of that.   The Rangers are still in on the big 4.    If they don't sign one of those guys they may turn to Cashner.   Colon signing a minor league contract is just insurance for them in case they don't sign anyone else IMO.

I don't think so. I think rotation wise they're set to not totally tank, but to be mediocre. 

4 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Cahill is garbage and coming off a shoulder injury that plagued Gallardo and Tillman. He's literally Big Sexy without the memes. 

I don't think so. I think rotation wise they're set to not totally tank, but to be mediocre. 

Wow.  Really?  You think they spend 9m on Moore and 28m  on Minor to be mediocre on purpose?

23 hours ago, El Gordo said:

If Cobb and Lynn want 4/60 M they could fall into our price range

Save your money. That aint going to happen. I say they sign Dickey and John Lackey. That sounds more like the Orioles.

Remember the magical days of Dan Duquette signing relatively unknown starting pitchers like Miguel Gonzalez, Tsuyoshi Wada and Wei-Yin Chen? Then get ready for the 2018 surprise addition to the starting rotation: Andy Van Hekken. The lefty only has five games in MLB, all of which were starts in 2002. The 38 year old native of Holland has been pitching continuously in the minor leagues and, since 2012 in Korea. He did a good job of keeping the ball in the park -- 0.7HR/9 -- in the KBO while striking out batters at a rate of 8.4/9. While his fastball reaches only the upper 80s, he also features a forkball to induce high groundball rates.

Anyone think it might happen?

Archived