Which starting pitchers will Dan bring in?

Diehard_O's_Fan

13 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am not sure of that.   The Rangers are still in on the big 4.    If they don't sign one of those guys they may turn to Cashner.   Colon signing a minor league contract is just insurance for them in case they don't sign anyone else IMO.

Cashner's waiting to see if the hot girl asks him out first. If not... he'll hook up with the Orioles and muddle through by drinking a little too much. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beef Supreme said:

Remember the magical days of Dan Duquette signing relatively unknown starting pitchers like Miguel Gonzalez, Tsuyoshi Wada and Wei-Yin Chen? Then get ready for the 2018 surprise addition to the starting rotation: Andy Van Hekken. The lefty only has five games in MLB, all of which were starts in 2002. The 38 year old native of Holland has been pitching continuously in the minor leagues and, since 2012 in Korea. He did a good job of keeping the ball in the park -- 0.7HR/9 -- in the KBO while striking out batters at a rate of 8.4/9. While his fastball reaches only the upper 80s, he also features a forkball to induce high groundball rates.

Anyone think it might happen?

I don't.

Regardless if we trade Manny or not (unlikely at this point) we should sign Dickey. It’s moronic they haven’t yet. He eats innings and saves the bullpen. 

Hes a good piece for any team and cheap. 

I feel like a composite poll from a message board would put together a better team than our GM, not joking.

45 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Regardless if we trade Manny or not (unlikely at this point) we should sign Dickey. It’s moronic they haven’t yet. He eats innings and saves the bullpen. 

Hes a good piece for any team and cheap. 

I feel like a composite poll from a message board would put together a better team than our GM, not joking.

All signs point to him retiring. Here's the link to the most recent note about it.  In the Braves section.

https://www.fanragsports.com/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-astros-still-looking-to-improve/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 5:31 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Michael Lance Lynn, Alex Cobb, and Sidd Finch.

o

o

So far he has brought in Andrew Cashner, and has retained Chris Tillman.

I hope that he still beings in either Lynn, Cobb, or Finch.

o

Archived