Call the date. Time and player.

weams

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

For one pitcher? Or there is only 13m available to add in total?

I can't imagine them going over 145. With this team. Maybe five million to spend at the deadline if they are still a factor.  After last season's results and attendance, I would think the payroll has to go down. 

9 minutes ago, weams said:

I can't imagine them going over 145. With this team. Maybe five million to spend at the deadline if they are still a factor.  After last season's results and attendance, I would think the payroll has to go down. 

If they go to 145 that should leave what? 23-24m to spend?

If it were me and I could spend 24m however I saw fit, with no 4yr deals for pitchers in mind...

Just now, Es4M11 said:

If they go to 145 that should leave what? 23-24m to spend?

If it were me and I could spend 24m however I saw fit, with no 4yr deals for pitchers in mind...

Go hard after Lynn if he will accept 3yr deal - 3/51

Dyson 2yr/12m

Realistically this team needs to spend at least 35m if ownership is even half serious about trying to contend.

12 hours ago, weams said:

I mean it's the same team minus three bad starting pitchers that they've jettisoned into free agency hell. Why wouldn't they go back to $160? Same bullpen, same lineup. 

Now they might NOT go to $160, but I'm not sure exactly what their reasoning would be if they are in fact hoping to compete as they've said. They stand to be an improved ballclub if they just sign a couple pitchers.

I've thought of a couple of MiLB deals that could happen, but no 40-man signings.   I think those are going to happen from trade.   Here's one of my MiLB signings:  Hector Santiago, Thursday at 3:00PM.

First 40-man:  Danny Salazar and Jason Kipnis, Monday 2/19 as part of a Manny Machado trade.

57 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I've thought of a couple of MiLB deals that could happen, but no 40-man signings.   I think those are going to happen from trade.   Here's one of my MiLB signings:  Hector Santiago, Thursday at 3:00PM.

First 40-man:  Danny Salazar and Jason Kipnis, Monday 2/19 as part of a Manny Machado trade.

Would be a couple of solid moves, honestly.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I mean it's the same team minus three bad starting pitchers that they've jettisoned into free agency hell. Why wouldn't they go back to $160? Same bullpen, same lineup. 

Now they might NOT go to $160, but I'm not sure exactly what their reasoning would be if they are in fact hoping to compete as they've said. They stand to be an improved ballclub if they just sign a couple pitchers.

Attendance dropped last year and season ticket sales are likely down significantly for this year, all but guaranteeing another drop.

Lower revenue leads to lower payroll after last year's all time high.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Attendance dropped last year and season ticket sales are likely down significantly for this year, all but guaranteeing another drop.

Lower revenue leads to lower payroll after last year's all time high.

Well until we sign JJ (the outfielder)  and Jake (the Odor one)...  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

Oooh I forgot Hector was still out there.  I might switch my prediction from Jaime Garcia to Santiago, especially given the Os history with Garcia.

Archived