Another approach to a left handed OFer

wildcard

16 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Jay or Dyson are the only two that make sense. The other names our from the 2015-16 offseason. It’s a joke.

Why you bring in Jay or Dyson?  They make Hays have to “earn” it this year.  Plus they can play CF when Jones leaves next year.  A two year deal makes a lot of sense.  Bringing in a DH to play LF makes zero sense.  

I hope Mullins and Hays are everyday MLBers. This buys them some growing time. 

To your point, I also think Dyson would be best leadoff option for the team against RHP.  Beckham is not a fit for leadoff when he's not red hot.  

Speed.  Defense.  Can leadoff.  Three teams this team needs.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

To your point, I also think Dyson would be best leadoff option for the team against RHP.  Beckham is not a fit for leadoff when he's not red hot.  

Speed.  Defense.  Can leadoff.  Three teams this team needs.  

WAR loves Dyson, but he’s not exactly an offensive dynamo with his career .677 OPS.    He does get on base at a decent clip (.325) and can run once on base.   He’s actually batted 9th much more often than 1st in his career, as well as spending a lot of time in the 8-hole.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

WAR loves Dyson, but he’s not exactly an offensive dynamo with his career .677 OPS.    He does get on base at a decent clip (.325) and can run once on base.   He’s actually batted 9th much more often than 1st in his career, as well as spending a lot of time in the 8-hole.   

Most teams have better leadoff options than him.  We don't.  Against RHP he's at .332 OBP and .704 OPS.  That's fine for leadoff on this team.  He's no superstar but I like that he fills several needs and would make a fine fourth outfielder next season if you sign him on a two year deal. 

Archived