Place yer bets! (aka, the Pete Rose thread)

Moose Milligan

The only prop bets the books have set so far are team win totals. I'll take the over on 73 wins.

For my own hastily thrown together imaginary props...

Position players:

Manny over 120 wRC+, over 5 WAR

Schoop under 110 wRC+, over 2.5 WAR

Beckham over 100 wRC+, over 2.5 WAR

Mancini under 110 wRC+, under 2 WAR

Jones under 105 wRC+, under 2 WAR

Davis over 100 wRC+, under 1.5 WAR

Trumbo under 100 wRC+, under 0.5 WAR

Rasmus over 70 G, over 100 wRC+, over 1 WAR

Hays under 50 G

Pitchers:

Bundy over 4.25 ERA, under 2.5 fWAR

Gausman over 4.00 ERA, over 2.5 fWAR

Cashner over 5 ERA, under 1 fWAR

Castro over 5 ERA, under 0.5 fWAR

Britton under 40 innings, under 1 fWAR

Bleier over 4 ERA, under .5 fWAR

Tillman over 5 ERA, under 0.5 fWAR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only win 63 games, and start the season 3-12 after winning on opening day.  We're buried by the all-star break and trade Manny for what most will consider an underwhelming return. 

However, Mancini hits about .280 and has 20 HR and 87 RBI, cementing himself as a solid everyday bat.

Gausman finally pitches to his potential and has a 3.40 ERA, but he's the only one.  Bundy gets hurt for an extended period of time.

Hunter Harvey comes up and shows immense promise once we are out of contention.

New manager and GM next year and a rather complete rebuild.

2 hours ago, MDK02 said:

We’re 12 or more games under .500 at the deadline. DD trades for a mediocre SP and trades away DJ Stewart. We finish the season 15 or more games under .500. We then continue to miss playoffs until the year 2033. In this year, we will be heavy underdogs in a WC game vs the Rangers and we somehow win. 

That's okay. I'll be long dead by 2033. 

6 minutes ago, joelala said:

We only win 63 games, and start the season 3-12 after winning on opening day.  We're buried by the all-star break and trade Manny for what most will consider an underwhelming return. 

However, Mancini hits about .280 and has 20 HR and 87 RBI, cementing himself as a solid everyday bat.

Gausman finally pitches to his potential and has a 3.40 ERA, but he's the only one.  Bundy gets hurt for an extended period of time.

Hunter Harvey comes up and shows immense promise once we are out of contention.

New manager and GM next year and a rather complete rebuild.

And the same old ownership. 

6 hours ago, weams said:

This is the last season for Buck, Dan, Manny, Adam, Zach Britton, Chris Tillman and Caleb Joseph. 

This is my biggest issue....A GM not operating in the best interest of the club because he's leaving. Not resolving Manny, Schoop etc is reckless imo!

Orioles finish 80-82, they make a trade at the deadline to bring in lefty starter and give up a prospect/player we don't want for a mediocre arm (I'll predict they trade Mullins or Stewart for the arm). Bundy and Gausman both pitch to sub-4 ERAs, but Tillman and Cashner each end up around 5 with the fifth spot a rotating spot all year long with nobody grabbing hold of it.

Archived