Gausman Leaves Game After Collision (Update: He's OK)

OFFNY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, even though there's nothing serious wrong it's the type of crap that you hear about after a player wraps up a disappointing season...

"Well, his back has been sore ever since that incident in spring training...."

If someone slightly pulls a quad, just forget about it.  It'll linger and nag all season.

6 hours ago, joelala said:

Maybe this turns up the heat on the FO to sign another starter ???

5 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

If that winds up being the case, then Kevin Gausman will have a very early jump on the 2018 MVO award.

o

5 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Yeah, but like the mulling over a Flaherty signing, it may take 3 weeks for the proposal  to reach the top of Angelos desk. 

o

The significance of signing Lynn or Cobb is much higher than whether or not the Orioles would have Ryan Flaherty coming back as a utility player in 2018, so they might not drag their feet so much on that one.

o

3 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

The significance of signing Lynn or Cobb is much higher than whether or not the Orioles would have Ryan Flaherty coming back as a utility player in 2018, so they might not drag their feet so much on that one.

o

I’d like to think so. 

5 hours ago, tntoriole said:

It points out the razor thin margin of reserve we have in regards to  being disastrously bad in 2018.

I don't see how we won't be pretty horrible this year. While Gausman and Bundy have potential, they aren't top of the rotation guys on a good staff. The crazy thing is the Orioles haven't had a legit number 1 starter since Mussina left the team nearly 20 years ago. That's crazy.

8 hours ago, gtman55 said:

I don't see how we won't be pretty horrible this year. While Gausman and Bundy have potential, they aren't top of the rotation guys on a good staff. The crazy thing is the Orioles haven't had a legit number 1 starter since Mussina left the team nearly 20 years ago. That's crazy.

How many starters have there been since 2001 who you consider “legit number 1 starters?”    A lot depends how you define the term.   And how long do they have to hold the title?  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How many starters have there been since 2001 who you consider “legit number 1 starters?”    A lot depends how you define the term.   And how long do they have to hold the title?  

Kershaw Scherzer Verlander Hernandez Geinke Bumgarner over five years. 

Kershaw Scherzer Verlander Greinke  over ten. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

Kershaw Scherzer Verlander Hernandez Geinke Bumgarner over five years. 

Kershaw Scherzer Verlander Greinke  over ten. 

Sabathia surely belongs.    Kluber is getting close.   Halladay pitched in that window.    Santana was a no.1 for 5.   Oswalt, Lee, Lincecum, Beckett, Price, Sale, Hamels, Wainwright.    I could argue for some others and of course there are guys who were brilliant for 3 years or so like Arrieta.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sabathia surely belongs.    Kluber is getting close.   Halladay pitched in that window.    Santana was a no.1 for 5.

I guess Sabathia. I think we are talking current pitchers. Or thought. Santana possible. There were several that were close. Including Jose Fernandez. 

Archived