Brad Brach 87-89 this spring

interloper

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Can you imagine if Chapman was out there throwing 91? Not a Yankee fan in the land wouldn't know about it.

I don't know.

The Yankee fans I know mostly know very little about baseball.

A lot of them I don't think start paying attention until September. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know.

Probably GS Warriors fans, all their Laker gear is put away.  

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know.

Probably true. But the information would be out there if a particularly obsessive fan like myself wanted to know what Chapman was doing in Grapefruit League. 

Also, I'm not saying Brach is INJURED or whatever necessarily - maybe he's intentionally taking it realllllly easy. But it would be nice to know either way. 

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Probably true. But the information would be out there if a particularly obsessive fan like myself wanted to know what Chapman was doing in Grapefruit League. 

Also, I'm not saying Brach is INJURED or whatever necessarily - maybe he's intentionally taking it realllllly easy. But it would be nice to know either way. 

Sure, it was headline news yesterday when Judge hit a HR.

All informed baseball fans know what is going on with the Yankees.

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

I want to say Palmer mentioned something during a broadcast that I didn't recall reading or otherwise hearing about. But I don't believe it was an arm issue. 

No a quad or a calf I think. He was held back and only made his spring debut while I was down. Also, don't forget. These guys get after it in the spring. Dead Arm is a thing. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

No a quad or a calf I think. He was held back and only made his spring debut while I was down. Also, don't forget. These guys get after it in the spring. Dead Arm is a thing. 

I thought they said it was a hamstring during the broadcast of his first appearance.

I remember when Britton came to spring training in 2014 throwing 98 all of a sudden and people started to get excited.

Does spring always matter? Of course not. But a guy that normally throws 93-94 all of a sudden throwing 88 is definitely concerning, just as it is exciting if a guy comes in having changed something positive. 

Interestingly, a Brad Brach 89 mph fastball still has plenty of movement. If he ever loses velocity long-term, he could probably still settle into a middle relief role. But definitely not what you want to see from your closer. Especially since it hasn't improved since his last two appearances. 

"“Brad, a little spring training sore arm,” Showalter said. “That’s the first time he hasn’t been real sharp.”

Per Roch. 

It might have been the first time he hasn't been sharp, but it definitely wasn't the first time he's had low velo.

Archived