Teams (except O's) keep saying not in on Cobb.

HOF19

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Now that Cobb is the last one standing after the Lynn and Arrieta signings, perhaps that will give him a little more leverage.

The proverbial game of chicken in baseball's free agent market game is such a fickle thing sometimes. The Orioles have blinked twice so far ......... please don't blink a 3rd time, Peter/Daniel.

o

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is their something wrong with Cobb's physicals or asking price?   I would have to think he gets signed this week.  

He did have TJ surgery in 2015. There’s only so many years in a surgically repaired elbow. He’s already got 2 years of mileage on it. I still think we should do 2/28 and call it a day. 

o

Cobb has been a career Tampa Bay D-Ray thus far.

If nothing else, shouldn't he want to sign with the Orioles if only to punch the Red Sox in their ****ing mouths, and kick the Yankees in their proverbial balls ???

o

3 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

The Orioles haven't specifically said they're out on Cobb ...... because it's pretty much implied.

o

I suspect as much ........ I'm probably dreaming. 

o

From Dan Connolly:

There are three accomplished starting pitchers still on the market in Jake Arrieta, Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn. Initially, all three were viewed to be out of the price range you wanted to pay. Do you have plans on more actively pursuing them now?

A: “It’s getting kind of late in the spring training period for pitchers to get ready, right? We’re gonna monitor the market, the trade market and the free agent market, and see if there is an opportunity for us to add to the club.”

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/03/10/qa-dan-duquette-discussing-2018-orioles-pitching-staff-future/

Archived