Cobb has a minor league option left

accinfo

Would we need to use an option?

Couldn't we just have him play in extended ST to get stretched out.  I guess it's sort of moot in that he has the option to burn anyway, so might as well have him play with guys who travelled North (to the MiLB affiliates).

Here's a question, if he pitched in Bowie to get stretched out, could he be with the MLB club other days?

5 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Also, somewhat nitpicky, and I'm not sure exactly how you would edit it, but I read the title and initially thought that the post was going to be about a team option in his contract.

I updated it.

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Couldn't we just have him play in extended ST to get stretched out.  I guess it's sort of moot in that he has the option to burn anyway, so might as well have him play with guys who travelled North (to the MiLB affiliates).

Here's a question, if he pitched in Bowie to get stretched out, could he be with the MLB club other days?

Yes, that is normally how they do it.

3 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

1) Why worry about using the last option?  He's an established major leaguer who will likely never need it.

2) You mean keep him on the 25 man roster and essentially play with 24 men for a few weeks?   I'd say that's a bad idea.   Especially in this era of short benches.   And we have far fewer off days than usual for April, at least until the rain gives us some, so we need as many bullpen arms as we can get.

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

1) Why worry about using the last option?  He's an established major leaguer who will likely never need it.

2) You mean keep him on the 25 man roster and essentially play with 24 men for a few weeks?   I'd say that's a bad idea.   Especially in this era of short benches.   And we have far fewer off days than usual for April, at least until the rain gives us some, so we need as many bullpen arms as we can get.

I addressed (1) in my post when I said, "I guess it's sort of moot in that he has the option to burn anyway, so might as well have him play with guys who travelled North (to the MiLB affiliates)."

Regarding (2), that's not what I was referring to.  I was asking if he's on the MiL team for the time being, can he still be in the clubhouse/on the bench, etc. with the MLB team on his off days.  I can see why that may not be allowed.

Archived