Go Get Greg

interloper

Just now, Frobby said:

I’d be extremely surprised by that.   The guy rejected a $17.4 mm QO, and comparable relievers have done much better than that this winter.   

Did comparable relievers have a pick attached to them? We see what the QO did for Moustakas. In this market, there's no way to know really. At some point, if teams aren't offering, he'll have to bite. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, interloper said:

2/$18 gets it done IMO. 

I would take that every day of the week.  But I'm not sure that's really enough for Holland.  Closer situations are so fluid that it kind of makes sense for him to hold out. 

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

I mean, yeah. We should also be signing some SP depth guys. Point is, if we're all in let's plug as many holes as possible. The team has no closer. 

Feldman on a minor league deal would seem to make a lot of sense.

13 minutes ago, 24fps said:

When your #5 starter is Chris Tillman and SP "depth" is Wright and Castro I would be more worried about injures to the rotation if there's anything left to spend for free agents.

Who are you thinking? Feldman on a minor league deal? I'm up for some depth options, particularly if you can get them with later opt-out dates (June or July) to give you some time.

That said, I'm not opposed to Holland, but would be flabbergasted if it happened. Right now, we're going to have to lose guys the Front Office desperately wants to keep so it'll be hard to see them take one more spot.

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Did comparable relievers have a pick attached to them? We see what the QO did for Moustakas. In this market, there's no way to know really. At some point, if teams aren't offering, he'll have to bite. 

Wade Davis turned down a QO and got 4/$50 mm.

This would be a great move and the team would get even better when Britton returns.

Just imagine having Givens, Brach, Holland, and Britton to finish a game when Tillman or Gausmen inevitably struggles through five innings. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Wade Davis turned down a QO and got 4/$50 mm.

3/52 actually, with it possibly being 4/66. Davis is arguably the better pitcher. And he signed extremely early (12/29). 

Maybe 2/$19 is off the mark, but who knows.

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d be extremely surprised by that.   The guy rejected a $17.4 mm QO, and comparable relievers have done much better than that this winter.   

Wow, bleacher report didn't even report or in my opinion, wasn't even aware Holland turned down the same deal given to Wade Davis. Horrible reporting on their end.

Just now, O's are Legends said:

Wow, bleacher report didn't even report or in my opinion, wasn't even aware Holland turned down the same deal given to Wade Davis. Horrible reporting on their end.

Wow, yeah, if true that's a botch by Holland and his agent for sure. Holland is pretty screwed right now. Cobb was always going to get paid with years, IMO, like Arrieta and Darvish did. 

Archived