Go Get Greg

interloper

1. The Orioles are apparently "going for it".

2. The Orioles have an injured closer.

3. At least 2, possibly 3 pitchers slated to be in the bullpen have never pitched and/or had success in the big leagues (Cortes, Araujo, Rodriguez/Scott).

4. There's room on the payroll, in theory.

5. The pick hurts, but I refer you back to #1.

6. AL experience.

7. If Britton comes back and isn't right, you still have Greg.

8. If Britton comes back and is right, you have an insane bullpen. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean in the list of obvious needs for this team, #1 was SP, #2 is pretty much a lack of closer in the AL East. Not sure why #2 has been "left-handed outfielder", honestly.

If the team wants to survive the April gauntlet, I'm not sure relying on Brad Brach to secure your lead is the answer.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I definitely don’t see this happening.    

I don't either, but we didn't see Cobb happening realistically.

Look, the team needs a closer for most of this season AND the following season. Give him a 2 year deal, it allows you to win most of the games you should this year and not embarrass yourself next year when Britton and Brach are gone. 

Just now, 24fps said:

When your #5 starter is Chris Tillman and SP "depth" is Wright and Castro I would be more worried about injures to the rotation if there's anything left to spend for free agents.

I mean, yeah. We should also be signing some SP depth guys. Point is, if we're all in let's plug as many holes as possible. The team has no closer. 

Archived