Os checking with Dickey

interloper

47 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here's a link to the Norfolk roster. Check out the pitchers. Unless they are happy with Wright and Cortes as starting pitching depth, they should be looking everywhere they can for better options. Starting depth has to be a priority.

Man that is a wasteland of nothingburgers right there.  

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weams said:

According to him, he is right. He is interested in starting for a team to increase his value, to get a multi-year deal this offseason. Dream about TIlly in the minors all you wish, he got his MLB deal. 

It doesn't matter what he thinks or wants. He's not getting a major league contract with another team. He has a MLB with the Orioles.  That doesn't guarantee him one with another team. That's my point. I personally rather he pitched well for the Orioles at the major league level. Not sure how you came to the conclusion I "dream" of him being in the Orioles minors.

4 hours ago, Rene88 said:

This tells me the Os aren’t very confident in Tillman because in the past, they would have just put Wright/Cortes, etc. Good to see though, Dickey can really help a pitching staff by eating some innings too. Love this on so many levels.

I'd be happy to have him instead of Tillman. But I don't think this will come to fruition. I feel pretty confident that the catchers could learn to catch a knuckleball. 

2 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I'd be happy to have him instead of Tillman. But I don't think this will come to fruition. I feel pretty confident that the catchers could learn to catch a knuckleball. 

I think Joseph has caught Gamboa before.

1 hour ago, weams said:

It's a moot point. Tillman won't be pitching in the Os minors. 

I never said he was. I said he's not getting a MLB contract with another team at this point. There's other better options out there at this point. I'm saying if he's going to have to take a MiL deal now, he would be better stating in the Orioles organization pitching in a pitchers park in Norfolk.

Again, he's breaking camp with the Orioles. Buck has too much respect and appreciation for all Tillman has done not to have him atleast start out on the 25.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I never said he was. I said he's not getting a MLB contract with another team at this point. There's other better options out there at this point. I'm saying if he's going to have to take a MiL deal now, he would be better stating in the Orioles organization pitching in a pitchers park in Norfolk.

Again, he's breaking camp with the Orioles. Buck has too much respect and appreciation for all Tillman has done not to have him atleast start out on the 25.

My brother has known Scott McGregor for years and they were chatting in Sarasota and he said Tilly “has his arm slot back and he has a fire in his belly and a chip on his shoulder.”   I hope so on both counts.  Comeback player of the year would help a lot. 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

My brother has known Scott McGregor for years and they were chatting in Sarasota and he said Tilly “has his arm slot back and he has a fire in his belly and a chip on his shoulder.”   I hope so on both counts.  Comeback player of the year would help a lot. 

Sorry but I have had enough of Tillman. 

I wonder if Dickey would be interested in a MiLB deal, but only pitch and not travel out of Bowie until he's up to speed and needed. 

I would also look at Bartolo Colon as he was released by Texas today. 

We basically need a 5th starter that can throw up a 5.50 era or less. That would be a huge upgrade from our 4 and 5 from last season.

32 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I hope so too. I'm a huge fan of Tillman and want nothing more than for him to succeed in an Orioles uniform.

12 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I wonder if Dickey would be interested in a MiLB deal, but only pitch and not travel out of Bowie until he's up to speed and needed. 

I would also look at Bartolo Colon as he was released by Texas today. 

We basically need a 5th starter that can throw up a 5.50 era or less. That would be a huge upgrade from our 4 and 5 from last season.

Does anyone here think Dickey can't do better than a minor league deal with the Orioles?

He had a 100 ERA+ and was worth 2 wins last year.

He was a league average pitcher.

He made 7.5 million.

If you were a league average pitcher would you sign a minor league deal with the O's?

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does anyone here think Dickey can't do better than a minor league deal with the Orioles?

He had a 100 ERA+ and was worth 2 wins last year.

He was a league average pitcher.

He made 7.5 million.

If you were a league average pitcher would you sign a minor league deal with the O's?

I would sign him to a similar deal as that if he actually wanted to pitch. I was suggesting that as a temporary situation to build his arm back up. If he hasn't been doing that already. I assume he just wants to retire.

Archived