Final 25 Roster?

Rene88

8 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Crichton looked AWFUL when I saw him in the AAA game the other day. I would guess he is one.

I believe Susac will be another, because he is the 4th catcher on the roster. Maybe a trade?

Vielma, Tejada, and Sardinas are basically interchangeable. I think Sardinas is the odd man out there. They also have Salcedo in the minors who they liked.

Sardinas is not on the 40 man roster. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Crichton looked AWFUL when I saw him in the AAA game the other day. I would guess he is one.

I believe Susac will be another, because he is the 4th catcher on the roster. Maybe a trade?

Vielma, Tejada, and Sardinas are basically interchangeable. I think Sardinas is the odd man out there. They also have Salcedo in the minors who they liked.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Neither is Tejada

8 minutes ago, weams said:

5 minutes ago, AZRon said:

Neither is Tejada

Which is why I don't think they keep Vielma.  Too many guys like him that are on team or that get let go during season if you need someone like Flaherty.

2 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Very few pitchers who sustain shoulder injuries come back completely right. He said he had a regular off-season to get ready and that he felt great. Witnesses have said his arm slot is back where it was. He's lost some velocity and he'll be 30 years old on 4/15. He is as right as he is ever going to be. 

Sure. We probably shouldn't have signed him. Now that we did, I would be fine with releasing him. Next best thing is DL and rehab in the minors. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Sure. We probably shouldn't have signed him. Now that we did, I would be fine with releasing him. Next best thing is DL and rehab in the minors. 

DL him for what?  Not being any good?

Where is the injury?

Everyone with the O's have been falling all over themselves declaring him healthy.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

DL him for what?  Not being any good?

Where is the injury?

Everyone with the O's have been falling all over themselves declaring him healthy.

He has shoulder tendinits. The proof is he is throwing 88 with bad command and terrible results. If he refuses to acknowledge it, then release him. It doesn't matter what they say in the press. They will always say he is healthy until he isn't. 

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He has shoulder tendinits. The proof is he is throwing 88 with bad command and terrible results. If he refuses to acknowledge it, then release him. It doesn't matter what they say in the press. They will always say he is healthy until he isn't. 

Lots of guys throw 88 with terrible results.

Lots of guys who used to throw 93 now throw 88 with terrible results.

Dealing with the long term effects of an injury are not the same as being injured.

I'm going to ask this one more time.  How is going onto the DL going to fix him?

All it does is free up a space on the 25 man roster.  That's it.  He isn't going to go on the DL, rehab and be 2016 Tillman again.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I note the first, best suggestion is releasing Tillman. Fine with me, too.

The next best thing is placing him on the DL, even if it is a phantom injury.

The third option is the worst option: keeping him on the 25 and pitching him.

The DL may not fix him. Doesn't matter. It's the second best option because it prevents him from causing near-automatic losses for the Orioles but it may as well be the first option. Options 1 and 2  both keep him off the mound; they are equally effective in preventing Option #3.

2 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

So Manny is the only plus defender on the 25 man roster?

Buck believes in defense..... yeah right

Rasmus is a plus defender.    Gentry is considered to be one, though he wasn’t last year.   Schoop, Davis and Joseph are all solid, though perhaps not plus.   Who knows what Beckham will be at 3B?

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Dealing with the long term effects of an injury are not the same as being injured.

I'm going to ask this one more time.  How is going onto the DL going to fix him?

All it does is free up a space on the 25 man roster.  That's it.  He isn't going to go on the DL, rehab and be 2016 Tillman again.

Velocity always decreases over time, unless one does something freaky with one's body.

46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I never said it fixes him. Freeing up space on the 25 man and not costing us games is a perfectly good outcome. If there is a .0000001% chance that extended rehab fixes him, that is a bonus. 

Archived