2018 Andrew Cashner

Il BuonO

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, vab said:

This is about as good as you're going to get in the free agent market for the money they spent unless you get lucky.

Yup.   I would expect that every 10 games, you'll get 3 good outings, 4 "meh" outings, and 3 clunkers from Cashner.   

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Not the best defense around him. Pederson couldn’t hang in there and turn that double play early on. Schoop does. Mancini doesn’t get to a ball in the hole. Joseph got his cleat stuck on a throw to 2nd. Our defense isn’t helping anyone. 

That is what the second time Caleb has had a stuck cleat this season?  That seem higher than LASCP.  Maybe he should look into shorter cleats?

o

3 Earned Runs over 4.67 Innings Pitched.

Not awful, but not good enough for a pitcher that is not the team's #5 starter.

Also, he had a bad Strikes-to-Balls ratio )(63 )Strikes, )51 )Balls.)

14 OUTS: ) 5 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

ANDREW BURTON CASHNER )))))) (vs. ATHLETICS, 5/04)

IP:ll4.67

H:lll 6 )) (2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:llll 4

ER:ll

BB:ll3

SO:ll5

Pitches: )l 114(63 )Strikes, )51 )Balls)

2018 ERA: )l 4.89 ) 38.67 IP  (21 ER)

2018 WHIP: )l 1.526 )  38.67 IP  (59 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .263 )  (40 for 152)

PITCHES BY INNING

37 ll(19 llStrikes, l18 lllllBalls)

21 lll(13 llStrikes, lll81 lllBalls)

15 lll(91 llStrikes, lll61 llllBalls)

21 lll(12 llStrikes, lll91 llllBalls)

20 lll(10 llStrikes, l101 lllBalls) ) *

* )) Cashner recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

o

On 4/29/2018 at 2:29 AM, Moose Milligan said:

When I said he's not much better than Miley, this is what I was referring to.

Hopefully we get more starts like he had previously, less of these.  

I believe I said he's not much better than Miley.  I was told I was wrong.

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I believe I said he's not much better than Miley.  I was told I was wrong.

Miley had a 5.75 ERA as an Oriole.  He averaged 4.91 innings per start. Cashner is at 4.89 ERA so far, averaging 5.52 innings per start.     To me, that’s materially better.   Is it great?    No.    But significantly better than Miley was for us.  

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Miley had a 5.75 ERA as an Oriole.  He averaged 4.91 innings per start. Cashner is at 4.89 ERA so far, averaging 5.52 innings per start.     To me, that’s materially better.   Is it great?    No.    But significantly better than Miley was for us.  

Seasons not over yet. 

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of course not.   Cashner’s about where I expected him to be so far, though.   

I like Cashner and think he will end up better than Miley. That's not saying much but I think Cashner will keep us in games more times than not. With this offense however, he will still lose most of those games though.

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I like Cashner and think he will end up better than Miley. That's not saying much but I think Cashner will keep us in games more times than not. With this offense however, he will still lose most of those games though.

I’m hoping Schoop’s return will reinvigorate the offense a bit.  He wasn’t off to a great start but the talent is there.   Also, he’s has a certain happy energy about him that I think will help.    

59 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Take away the two unearned runs and he kept us in yesterday's game. He's pitching as well as I expected. Our defense is horrendous, and the bullpen is getting there.

54 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Take away the two unearned runs and he kept us in yesterday's game. He's pitching as well as I expected. Our defense is horrendous, and the bullpen is getting there.

Yeah, SP has probably been the best part of the team. Again, that shows how bad we are. But Cobb will be fine as will Gausman and Cashner. I am worried about Bundy. His stamina worries me for such a young guy that takes his workout regiment as seriously as he does. Any warm body would be better than Tillman.

Archived